.16. Go

Perhaps the moon is a frozen tear.

- Anne Sexton

. . .

Leyla

Days went by just like that - lack of windows, everyday lunch or dinner outside with two mafia bosses at some too much expensive restaurant, eating three meals every day and talking to Gabriella during the night

The women they had been with were gone and my life settled in a dreadful cycle.

It was as if I was being punished with the exact opposite of what I had always wanted - freedom. At least back home, I could go out alone.

A woman was in the kitchen, her coily hair pulled back in a bun, flour sprinkled on her dark skin, and an apron over the dress she was wearing.

She looked a lot older than me.

She looked up at me. I had seen her before - at Olivia's wedding.

"Miss Campbell." His face gave away nothing, her eyes skimming over me. I was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt again. I changed my clothes only for lunch or dinner when we went out. "Anything you need?"

"I just needed water." I walked to the drive, taking out a cold water bottle.

She went back to whatever she was making.

I lingered awkwardly but then decided to walk out. She looked busy and of course, why would she talk to me? No one here did. Without talking to Gabby, I would have gone insane. I needed to let my feelings out one way or another.

. . .

"I do not approve of this," I heard her voice as I paused at the top of the staircase, out of sight, and I looked down at the three people in the living room.

Fabiano sipped from the glass he had in his hand. "When did we ask?"

She let out a breath. She looked dwarfed by both men. "Are you punishing her for what her father did?"

"Does it matter?" Giovanni, who was leaning against a wall, asked. "She was innocent, too, yet she got punished. Why can't it be the same for Leyla?"

"Because you are not Jack, Giovanni."

He shrugged. "We welcome you to our house, Miss Summers. Be sure to not overstep otherwise this welcome can be cut short." The smile he gave her chilled me to my core. "If I want to hurt her, I will. If I want to keep her as a pet, I will. If I want to fuck her, I will. None of this concerns you."

She watched him. "I'm leaving."

"The jet will be ready in an hour."

"I don't need your damn jet."

She walked away. I could feel the anger radiating off her.

Fabiano looked up, right at where I was standing before I could hide.

"Come here."

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

I walked down the stairs, legs shaky.

I reached them. They watched me, their faces giving nothing away. Were they angry?

Giovanni sat down and patted his lap. "Sit down."

I stood there, frozen.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Leyla. Today is not a day to test me."

I sat down on his lap, rigid.

He gripped my waist and turned me till I was straddling him. The dress I now wore collected on my upper thighs.

He grabbed a fistful of my open curls.

"You think it's cute to eavesdrop, Leyla?" He asked harshly. "I should have you thrown naked into a fucking cell for this. We've been good to you, Campbell. Don't make me mad now."

I whimpered as his grip tightened. "I'm sorry." I was going to sob. His grip didn't hurt as much as his expression terrified me.

"Will you ever again eavesdrop? Will you defy me?"

"No," I whispered.

His furious green eyes looked into mine deeply. "We are not going out for the rest of the month. Your food will be taken to your room. You're not allowed to come out. If you do, I will throw you into a cell, naked, with no food for days. Do you fucking understand me?"

I nodded as much as I could with his grip on my hair. They had been okay before, even gentle, now they were hurting me. I knew this was going to come.

He pushed me off his lap and I fell to the ground. He stood up and walked away.

I looked at Fabiano.

"Go," he gave me the emotionless order as he sipped his drink, taking his phone out of his pocket, dismissing me as if I was nothing but dirt under his shoes.

I stood up, my body shaking with fear, and walked back to my room.

I thought about what they had been talking about.

My father had done something to 'her'- whoever they had been talking about.

My father had done many bad things but I could not picture him being able to hurt the Valentinos or someone they cared about.

I curled into a shaking ball under my covers, eyes wide open in the darkness.

When the food came, I flushed it down the toilet, muttering apologies to it. If I had eaten, I would have thrown up.

I slept the whole day, looking at a wall, wondering if the world missed me as much as I missed it.

. . .

This is a lot darker than THEM & HER. But well, no where near THEM original version.

Me - *typing the best quotes from my quotes collection at the staring of the chapter*

You all - *not reacting to it*

READ THEM I LOVE THEM THEY ARE ALL BY KICKASS WRITERS.

Or don't read them. No pressure.
.
.
.
.
*whispers* read them 🔪 🥰

No, in all honestly, if you don't like them you don't have to react.

. .