.50.

"If you're happy in a dream...does that count? The happiness - does it count?"

- Arundhati Roy

. . .

Leyla

SOMEWHERE IN ITALY

We were in a car and Giovanni was driving. Fabiano was on the passenger seat and I was on the back seat with one of my new books opened on my lap. I was yet to read a word.

I was still dealing with what had happened in the bookstore. They both were there, their anger so apparent that I had not questioned them about what happened at all. But some things had cleared out on their own.

They took me from someone named Cassian Testa. I was originally 'given' to him. The man there, Agostino, he was Capo of Camorra. Cassian had killed Miss Summers.

Was Ryder Cassian?

Valentinos wanted to kill Cassian and Agostino. I hasn't seen what Agostino looked like, but he did not sound kind.

I closed my book. "Can I talk to my sisters?"

It was my birthday. I wanted to talk to Gabby and Astrid.

Fabiano looked at me through the rearview mirror, his sunglasses on his nose as his brother. "It's six in the morning there."

"Oh," I whispered. Gabby did not wake up early if she didn't have anything important to do. "L-Later, then?" I squeezed my eyes shut. Everything that happened in the bookstore had pushed me on to the edge.

He nodded. "Promise, Principessa."

I nodded, looking out of the window. The drive to Florence was about three and half hours. Italy was beautiful - a country with a rich history.

My eyes flickered over every building. I eyed the couples and the young people. I eyed the small cafes and the large restaurants. I looked at everything, feeling loss brew in my heart. The need to grab the world with both of my hands used to once overwhelm me, now it had faded like all my dreams had.

Survival was the only goal now, even though I did not see the point of it anymore.

What's the use of living if you're not loving? My mom used to say. Find the things you like and let them drive you crazy, Leyla. Passion and love are what make life worth it.

Passion and love.

I sometimes cursed my mother for making me such a dreamer.

We stopped for lunch at a classy restaurant that looked to have many stars. I was dressed nicely, but I wasn't dressed for such luxurious restaurants. Fabiano and Giovanni were always well dressed in their Brioni suits.

We were talked to a scheduled table. Giovanni sat beside me and Fabiano was across the neatly set table. We were in a dark corner of the flashy restaurant, the faint music of violin filled the silence, the chatter of the patrons not audible here.

"We want to talk to you about a few things," Fabiano said after we ordered, his tatted fingers toying with his rings  "Some questions."

"I want to ask questions, too," I said quickly, sipping water.

They exchanged a glance and nodded.

"We ask one and then you can ask one," Giovanni said, resting back in his chair, stands of his brown hair falling over his forehead, piercing green eyes skimming over my body lazily. "Deal?"

I nodded. "Okay."

Fabiano hummed. "Till now, I doubt you think we have... Usual taste in bed," he said. Alright, no beating around the bush. "We can tone it down for you, if you'd like. Or we can get harsher." His eyes darkened. "It's up to you."

I gulped my water down. "What does 'Harsher' mean?"

Giovanni flicked my dangling earring. "More humiliation, degradation, pain, pleasure. Basically, you submit your body to us."

"They'll be praise, too," Fabiano said. "Aftercare after every time we touch you. More things can be added."

"No leaving after you touch me?" I hated how small my voice sounded.

Giovanni shook his head. "No. We won't leave."

Fabiano took my hand in his. "We'll never do anything to seriously injure you."

"No blood?"

"Never blood," Giovanni said.

I had read about the kinky stuff they were referring to. Gabriella had a questionable collection of books. I knew too much.

"Will you... Will you share me with others?"

Both of them froze.

"No," Giovanni snarled and then seemed to catch himself as I flinched. "We will never share you with anyone else. There'll always be just us three in the bedroom."

"Okay," I whispered. "You won't give me to anyone, either." I needed to make sure.

Fabiano nodded. "Nothing will happen against your wishes, Leyla. You control this." Control.

"Will you... Will you be with other women?"

Giovanni toyed with my earring again. "No. You're too pretty. I'd keep thinking about you."

That made me blush.

Fabiano smirked. "I'm not interested in any other woman, Principessa. "

"Okay..." I sipped more water. Discussing bedroom activities with my captors? This was weird. I liked their touch, which was a first for me. And I craved more of it.

I wasn't going to escape. All I could do was at least try not to be miserable.

"What...what will you do to me?" I asked.

Food appeared.

When the waiter left, Fabiano spoke up. "Let's start with rules and punishments."

Giovanni grinned. "This is going to be interesting."

. . .

Go eat something if you haven't yet. Ily all and thanks for 401k reads and 20.1k followers.