.92. I do

"I paint you like the sky in my every landscape."

- V (me)
. . .

Giovanni Valentino

Dante's rage didn't quieten.

Creeds sent all of the men of our mafia back who were stationed in New York - in body bags.

Months passed. Leyla grieved, hiding in the pleasure which we gave her. Anything to ease her suffering - we gave it to her.

And then she asked for it. The thing we were scared of but knew was coming. Rosa's wish.

"I got accepted."

Oxford University

I looked at her. The letter was spread on my table.

Her eyes were shallow - holding next to nothing. She had not only lost Rosa - she had lost her sisters - her family.

All for us two.

"I am happy for you."

Heartbreakingly happy.

She kept looking at me and then looked at Fabiano who stood near the window of my office, sunlight falling on his green eyes.

Green eyes.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I had given Carla a quick death - unable to do more even though I should have.

She put her hands on the table, bowing her head. "She wanted this for me."

"Do you want it?" Fabiano asked.

She hesitated and then nodded.

I cleared my throat which suddenly seemed to be closing up. "Okay then."

She looked at me. "You know..." She walked toward me, rounded the table and settled herself on my lap. "Me leaving does not mean I'm leaving you two."

Fabiano stepped forward. "It doesn't?"

She set her head against my chest. "I think I..." She lowered her head again. "Not taking time for granted...my mother's death taught me that and Rosa's death reminded me of it - of just how...incredibly fragile life is..."

We didn't speak, letting her sort her thoughts out.

"I don't want regrets...so I want to go. I don't want regrets...so I just want to say that..." She sighed. "I-I...Books make this seem easier."

I smiled, kissing her neck. "Would it help if we say it first?"

Her eyes shone, the first show of true happiness since everything went down. "Do you two..."

"I love you," I said. "I have for a long time without even realizing it." I kissed her palm. "I love you with every bit of my madness."

Fabiano picked her up, setting her on the table. He tucked a curl behind her ear. "I love you, Leyla." He set his forehead against hers. "You're the only one who..." He took her hand in his. "Completely wrecks me."

"I do, too," she whispered. "I love you and-" she looked at me. "I love you."

. . .

A tiny chapter.

Thoughts about...idk everything?