.62. I wanna see

Be a stranger to me because lovers always leave.

- unknown

. . .

Leyla

"I wanna see

"I wanna see."

Giovanni put his camera down on the nightstand of his room. "No."

I frowned and then groaned as my head hurt. I rubbed my temples. "I want to see them."

"I heard you the first time. And the answer remains the same." He dropped on his bed. "Come here."

I folded my arms against my chest. "That's unfair."

"Don't tell me you already forgot the spanking, little girl. I'll be more than happy to remind you."

As much as I had not hated being spanked, sitting down the following days had been hell.

I walked towards him and he set me on his lap.

He cupped the back of my neck, pressing his lips against my jaw. "You..." He looked into my eyes. "You can have your phone back if you promise to not do anything stupid."

"Like calling the cops?"

"We can handle the cops." His eyes narrowed. "But don't fucking do that. You can talk to your family and that's it."

"Friends?"

"No."

I sighed. "But...they must be worried."

"Ask Gabriella to handle it." He tucked me to his chest, looking me dead in the eye. "Nothing which can endanger you, Leyla. Not one fucking thing. Do you understand me?"

I nodded even though I wanted to say more. "Yes."

. . .

"What are you doing?"

Luca's voice came from the left. I lifted my head, putting down lipstick on my lap after rolling it down. I brushed my curls out of my eyes, watching as the mafia man approached me. I had not really talked to him but he seemed close to Giovanni and Fabiano.

"Makeup."

"In the garden?" He didn't sound mocking. Just curious as he sat down on the bench beside me.

"I'm gonna take pictures here," I said. "Post them on my Instagram after Cassian is dealt with."

He frowned. "Ask Giovanni. He's good with this. "

"Asked him for pictures", I grumbled. "He said no. Not gonna ask him anything."

He chuckled, relaxing back on the bench, looking up at the sunlit sky. "He never lets anyone look into that camera of his."

"I can steal it?"

He looked at me and chuckled again. "Yeah. You're perfect for them, hm? You can't steal from him, Leyla. He is too observant."