.80. Rain

The lesson of history is that no one learns.

- Steven Erikson

. . .

Fabiano

Letting her go.

"We don't even know what we are," she said. "We are something which happened because of your hate for my father. You can't say it was just because you wanted to keep me safe from Ryder."

"We are not saying that," Giovanni said. "We would have returned you to your father if we hadn't figured out that he was hurting you."

She sighed. "How long do you plan to hold on to something rooted in hate and fear?"

I turned her around. "Rooted in hate and fear?" I asked. "But do you still fear us? Do you still hate us?"

She looked at me and then at Giovanni. "I have never hated you. I have always feared you. I don't fear you now."

"Then why are you so determined to fight this?"

She looked away. "I'm not determined to fight this. I feel for you - for both of you."

"What do you feel?" I asked.

"I...I like you. I can't imagine my life without you now because it was so terrible." She let out a breath. "You took me, your actions were vengeful, yet you saved me. I never...thanked you for that."

"Don't thank us for giving you something you always deserved," Giovanni said.

"But I didn't have it. Thank you for saving me. I...going through that was breaking me apart each day. How broken I was...I didn't realise it till I was no longer being shattered."

I cupped the side of her cheek.

She looked at us, beautiful eyes filled with tears.

"I..." I kissed her forehead. "Soon, everything will be okay, my love."

She smiled a crumbled smile. "Okay."

. . .

She laid asleep beside me, her head resting on my shoulder. I brushed the strands of her hair away from her face.

So beautiful.

I got out of bed, giving her a pillow to cuddle. I walked out of the room and then the mansion, strolling in the front yard.

I sighed as I sat down on a bench. The sky was thundering tonight. I knew for a fact that Giovanni was taking pictures of it with his little camera from his room.

I watched as Olivia's car entered the mansion - a Bugatti I knew belonged to Zavier for some time. She slowed down as she neared me. She took the window down. "Are you waiting for it to rain so that you can cry and no one will notice?"

"You know me too well, little Creed."

She smiled. "Where is Leyla? She loves storms."

"She's sleeping. She'll wake up hearing thunder."

She nodded. "I'm going to make some hot chocolate for myself. You want some?"

I held myself back from saying no. She made good hot chocolate. "Yes...please."

"Sit at the gazebo, Fabiano. Storms look better from there. I will be back."

She drove inside the garage.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead. We had to leave in a few days. Leyla didn't know. I didn't know what the fuck she'd do.

No way in hell could we stay here. Dante was going to fly to Rome today, taking over everything for the time being. He didn't like being in Rome.

I walked to the gazebo, sitting on the couches there. Colouring books were scattered around. The sky thundered and just then, it rained.

The door of the balcony Leyla and I had been sleeping in opened. She stepped out, dressed in a red nightie. I watched, mesmerised, as she lifted her head, a smile coming on her face. She ran her hands through her hair, grinning towards the sky.

Until this moment, I hadn't been aware of how deep my feelings for her were.

Until this moment, I hadn't been aware of the fact that I loved Leyla with every remaining piece of my heart.

. . .

After drinking with Olivia and having a surprisingly pleasant conversation, I went back to the room. I walked to the balcony. The rain was heavy now. She turned to look at me.

I grabbed the back of her head and kissed her. I wrapped my other arm around her waist, pulling her impossibly closer as I devoured her mouth.

"Sei tutto per me," I muttered against her lips. "You're everything to me," I translated, picking her up and sitting her down on the railing.

"I'll fall-"

"From my arms? Never." I cupped her face, kissing her deeply. I sneaked one hand under her pretty little nightie, finding her panties. I pushed them to the side, putting a finger inside her already wet cunt. She gasped into my mouth, her body straining as I pumped my finger in and out, hooking it so that she gave me a pretty whimper.

I kissed her neck, creating marks, something which made her pussy tighten. She grabbed my shoulders, little noises coming out of her mouth continuously. I flicked my thumb over her clit, over and over, till her legs shook and she came hard on my finger. I rubbed her through her orgasm, and then a little more till she was begging.

I put her back on the ground. She looked at me. The rain had gotten lighter. She got on the tip of her toes. She put her hands on my shoulder and kissed me. A sweet gentle kiss. A kiss I knew would play in my mind till I was sick of it.

She pulled back. "You're everything to me...you both are."

. . .