.28. You have my word

'I just want to go home," said the astronaut.

'So come home," said ground control.

'So come home,' said a voice from the stars.

- unknown.

. . .

Giovanni

I watched as she ate her food

I watched as she ate her food. She was continuously rubbing her wrists, even though there were no marks on them. Fabiano could never put anything on her which would leave an unnecessary mark.

I ate my breakfast. "Do you need help, Leyla?" I knew the answer.

She shook her head, letting out a soft 'no'.

I stood up and sat beside her on the stool. Fabiano was brooding in the gym, beating the shit out of a punching bag because of what she had said.

I picked her up and sat her down on my lap. "Let me feed you."

She kept her eyes fixed on her lap. "Why?"

I frowned. "Because your hands are shaking."

She shook her head. "I don't need you to feed me."

I pushed the plate away and sat her down on the counter. I pinched her chin between my fingers, making her look at me with those beautiful eyes of hers.

She looked sad.

Her expressive face looked to be in a shadow. Her eyes didn't curiously flicker all over my face like they always did when she looked at me.

We had been bad to her. Too fucking bad. When we left for the arena, I knew we had fucked up. I knew she'd cry. Still, we left.

I didn't know what the fuck was wrong with us, but she didn't deserve to suffer through the unnecessary shit we put her through.

"I'm sorry." I never said those words.

"You said that before," she said, her voice quiet and small. "Why do you even want me here?" Such an innocent question. A question I knew she'd ask soon enough.

"Because you're mine," I murmured, standing up, putting my hands on her either side.

"I'm your what?" She asked desperately.

Everything.

The word came unexpectedly.

"Whatever I want you to be."

I felt Fabiano watching us. Leyla didn't notice him.

She gulped. "I want nothing from you," she forced the words out and I saw anger in her eyes for the first time. "You touch me...you threaten me...you keep me locked up. I'm not...I'm not a toy," she whispered, her eyes filling with tears. "You can have any woman with you - willingly. Let me go back to my sisters, please," she begged softly. "I'm nothing to you, you know that, so let me go."

Fabiano stepped in view. Her eyes danced between me and him fearfully. Was she expecting me to say some shit again?

Fabiano cupped the side of her face with his hand. "You are ours, baby. You are never leaving," he said firmly.

"We can be good to you," I said to her, running a hand through her gorgeous curls.

"You're never good to me," she whispered. "Please... Let me go."

"No," I snarled, I couldn't help it. "Fucking never, Leyla. You are never leaving me. Fucking never."

She snapped her lips shut, eyes downcasting. Normally, her show of submission would have made my dick hard but this frustrated the fuck out of me.

"Tell me what you want," Fabiano said. "Other than letting you go, we can give you anything."

Her eyes lifted to us. She let out a breath. "I hate my room," she whispered.

"You can have mine," Fabiano said instantly. "I'll have your things transferred to it."

We had checked all of her books. There were a few notes, showing how highly Leyla's sister thought of us, but nothing threatening.

"You'll have to let me go one day," she whispered desperately. "You can't keep me under lock and key my whole life." She sounded like she was trying to convince herself.

"We can," I said. "But we won't."

Her eyes met mine. "Just tell me," she whispered. "What do you want from me? You can have it and then let me go."

I watched her, just watched her for a moment.

"Take off your clothes then," I said and Fabiano and I took a step back. Her eyes widened. "You said to take what we want, yes? Then take your pretty dress off."

She gulped, her hands fisting.

"What?" I asked. "Can't do it, little girl? I want your cunt, your ass and that pretty mouth. Give them to me." And I want that heart.

Her cheeks blossomed, eyes downcasting and this show of obedience pleased me.

"You're not ready for what we want," Fabiano said to her. "You'll know when you are. And even after we have had your body, Leyla, we'll have it again and again. There is escaping this. There is no escaping us."

"We are never going to be done with you," I said. "There's no way out, Piccolina."

She wrapped her arms around herself.

I stepped forward, pulling her to my chest. "We are going to be good to you," I said. "This time, you have my word."

I never broke my word.

. . .