Chapter 1- V 2.0

Sierra's POV

A cool breeze brushed against my cheek as I was slowly slipping out of my slumber. The persistent beeping of my alarm clock filled the room. Reaching over to my nightstand, I quickly turned off the annoying alarm. Not making any attempt to get up, I sprawled out on my bed as I looked through my window. The sun was already out and illuminating the beautiful sky.

Picking up my phone, I started scrolling through my Instagram until I had the courage to get out of bed. My eyes widened as I remembered that I have an interview today. Quickly scrambling off of the bed, I hurried to the bathroom to get ready. I can't afford to be late.

Getting a job has been my number one priority since I moved out here and I cannot lose this opportunity without even trying.

With a towel tightly wrapped around my body, I made my way to my closet. Browsing through the different clothes that I have, I settled on a nice black turtleneck and a pair of brown pants. I slipped the outfit on and walked to the mirror in my closet.

"Steve Jobs is that you," I thought to myself as I looked at my reflection

"Anyways this should do," I said as I knew I couldn't do any better than this. As mom always says, you always get one chance to make a first impression. Honestly, I don't really get that saying.

I walked down to the kitchen, and I was greeted with an empty room. A wave of loneliness washed over me as I knew this is how it's going to be from now on. At first it was kind of difficult since I lived my whole life surrounded by my family and their absence was obvious when I move out here. I somehow wished that they would have been here, but I know this is an opportunity for me to grow as a person and get up on my own feet.

I couldn't help but remember how much I had to beg my dad to let me move out. In my family, the kids always live with their parents until they get married. If it wasn't for my mom, I would have still been stuck living with them. Mom understood that I wanted to face the world on my own and be able to stand on my own feet. So far, my family had done everything for me and for once, I want to show them that I am able to fight for myself.

This has always been a difficult thing to do when you have three older brothers who treats you like a child no matter how old you are. I admit, I have been so spoilt by them my whole life and somehow their overprotectiveness kind of got in the way of my things in my life till now. I never was able to have a boyfriend since the three giants would always scare them away. But fortunately, I have at least one friend, Noah. The brothers approved of him since he is gay and as they say, he is of no threat. In reality, Noah is bisexual, but I am not about to let them know that of course.

Jayden, my eldest brother, is the scariest one of the three. A lot of people are scared of him but when it comes to us, he is the most caring person in the world. Then there is the other two nutjobs: Alex and Colton. Despite their overprotective nature, they can be real pain in the ass sometimes but honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way.