Chapter 4 - V 2.0

Alexander's POV

The constant chatter filled the room with occasional laughter. At this time of the day, it was normal for restaurant to be filled. Some were there for their lunch while others were there for their meeting. The hustle and bustle seem to be far from settling.

I was quickly brought out of my thought as I felt a smack at the side of my head. Wincing in pain, I looked at my dad with a questioning look.

"Dad, was that really necessary," I complained as I rubbed the side of my head to alleviate the light pain.

"Well it just seemed like I was talking to a wall for the past five minutes. Can you blame me," he said as he leaned back into his seat.

"So you wanted to talk to me about the company right," he said finally getting serious.

"Yeah right, since you wanted me to start learning more about the company before your official retirement, I'll just start working with you as early as possible," I declared before taking a sip of my wine.

"So eager to kick me out huh. You are already managing the other sister company well so I know that you would be fine when the main company will be yours," he said.

"I know but it's just for my own peace of mind," I said as I was happy that my father think that I am capable enough.

Ever since I was little, I have always seen my father working hard in order to meet the expectation of my grandfather and I have been following closely in his footsteps. Consequently, knowing that my father was acknowledging the hard work that I have been putting in growing the family empire gives me sense of satisfaction.

After that, the conversation quickly reverted to the days where my parents just met and how lovely their relationship is. Sometimes I feel like vomiting at how lovey dovey my parents can be.

"I don't understand why dad feels the need to let me know about their love life," I thought to myself as I just nodded to whatever dad was saying.

Our conversation was interrupted by the sudden ringing of my phone. Looking at the screen, I saw that my mom was calling.

"Hi mom," I said as I picked up.

"Oh I missed hearing my baby's voice. I wish you and your dad could have come with me," she said in a sad tone.

"I know mom. It's been long since I last went to Italy plus you really should have taken dad with you. He keeps annoying me with his stories about you. Here talk to him," I said, earning glares from my dad.

"I'm just saying the truth," I mouthed to him as he started talking to mom.

As dad talked on the phone, his smile wasn't going down any time soon. The love he has for mom has always been evident while I grew up.

Somewhere I also want to find something like what they have with the right woman but at this point, after failed relationships and countless deceits, I reached a point where I no longer ignorant to the contemporary world where temptation always gets the best of people.

But as these thoughts lingered, the sudden image of the brunette who keeps running into me briskly popped into my mind.

"Son, you will have to start handling the company as from tomorrow itself," he said nonchalantly.

I almost choked on the piece of chicken that I was eating as I heard his word.

"Why? You can't just dump this all on me like that," I said, wiping the side of my mouth.

"Well, I'm going to see your mom in Italy. For now, you will be the Acting CEO then later we will have the official hand over celebration," he said as a matter of fact.