chapter -64

KARTHIK POV
Few hours ago

"So you are the one for whom my daughter has forgotten her morals. I didn't know what she has seen in you. Remember boy, I am not like my daughter to get impressed by your charms. I have seen boys like you who make girls fall in love with them and the moment they got what they have desired ,they will leave the girls as if they meant nothing."  Deepu's father  shouted at me as soon as I Confessed to him that I was the one deepu loved.

I have woken up  in the morning by the voices in the hall. As my room is in ground floor only, I heard everything but I am helpess to go outward and confess my feelings towards deepu.  Deepu's father is not in a right state of mind now. If he came to know that I am also living in the same building as hers ,he may misunderstand our relation.  He is not totally wrong. I too may freak out if I find out my daughter is in relationship with some random guy as Today's generation is like that. So instead of facing him in the morning, I have decided to meet him outside. So I followed him and confessed my feelings. We were currently sitting in the nearby park. He kindly agreed to talk with Me.

"Sir, I know what you  are thinking about me. I don't have any certificate with me to prove my character but I can assure you that I am not as bad as you are thinking about me. I can  keep her happy and healthy. Please give me one chance sir. Deepu loves you a lot and please don't misunderstand her. It was me who initiated the relationship. She took long time to accept me. She respects your decision and she always used to cry just thinking that you will be not happy with her decision. She cares for you a lot." I told him truthfully. I have witnessed her late night cries. I may not be able to understand her pain as I don't have my parents but deepu is not like that.

She is such a child at heart. Her kindness, the way she blushes whenever someone mentions my name,  the way her eyes gets widened when someone described a scene of some exotic movie, every minor detail  of her attracts me to her.  I want to become  selfish here and take my deepu away from her parents but I couldn't as I feel that  it was so wrong. She deserves the best and I had promised her to give her the best always even it means sacrificing my love for her. I will try my level best to convince deepu's father , Ramkrishnan. Hope he will see my sincerity and agree to our marriage but how can it be possible when there is no place for sincerity and honesty in the present world.

"Hmmm. Look beta I understand your situation but think from my side. We are Brahmin family and if our people comes to know that  my daughter married a boy from other community then they will banish us from our Agraharam and even they may stop us from performing rituals in temples. I can understand your generation but still we can't change the society we are in. If we confined to the so called  rules of this society,  then they will let us live in peace. I can't see if any one point their finger at my daughter's character. Please try to understand my situation. " saying this her father left from the park patting my head.

I sat there rooted as I was unable to gather my emotions. Why it was always me? Don't I have any right to be happy atleast for once? Don't I deserve someone to love me?  My friends and priya love me but still I want someone to say that I have every right over one  other. When deepu came to my life , I witnessed my first love which I wanted to cherish for lifetime but I didn't know that this will be the end of our relation. What do I have to do now?Do I have to fight more for her or do I have to give up on her for her happiness. !!! After thinking for a long time , I decided with the latter option. It's better to give up on her for her own good. If her family abandoned her, she can never be happy with me. If she ...if she leaves me and choose the one her family selected, then he might give her all the happiness .