chapter-22

Writer's pov
Sunshine hospitals

" Swetha,  please try to understand us. We cant stay together. How many times do i have to remind you that  we were over. For god sake, stop discussing this topic again" a lady yelled on the other side of the phone.

" what about me then"  swetha asked the lady in a pleading tone trying hard to control her tears to stop them falling down.

" you are not a kid swetha. You have grown up and we both have kept your share of money and properties under your name . What else we can do for you. We have settled everything for you. So stop making fuss. "

" Is  that all i am for you? A burden? You both  are paying me to get rid of this unwanted burden on your lives. " swetha asked in a pleading tone with a hope that the lady will say no. But the next words of her shattered swetha to the core.

" Swetha,  you have grown enough to take care of yourself. Please stop bothering us. Let us leave our life.  You are behaving like a selfish bitch. Dont call me again for this topic. Good bye." the lady cut the call without waiting for swetha's reply.

Swetha's unshed tears finally turned into  uncontrollable sobbings. She tried to control her  tears very hard but those tears didn't want to leave her alone.

She cried  till her heart felt content. Currently, she is in a  ladies washroom facing the mirror looking at the girl infront who has swollen, red,  puffy  eyes and messed up hair.

This is her real self.

A weak pathetic girl who is trying to hide her true self by  wearing a mask of sassy sarcastic bold natured girl.

Breaking her pathetic hell, her phone is ringing showing the caller id, her co-pg dev.

Its night duty. She has duty along with her collegue,dev and SR Armaan.

She lifted the call and waiting for him to answer first as she is not in a position to make a conversation.

" Swetha where are you girl. Come to emergency ward. There is  a mass casualty, A bus accident.  Armaan sir is already attending a  case in operation theatre. Only i was left. Come quick.we have to work fast till sir has arrived. "

Swetha rushed to casualty as early as possible coz every minute is crucial in these cases.

Swetha and dev are attending the cases along with surgery department. They have separated  the patients which needed immediate treatment or more precisely  in a life and death condition if not treated immediately.  This is the most crucial time for every doctor as they have to  choose the patients who require immediate treatment rather than  the patients who are on death bed already or whose treatment  can wait for more time . Brain should work fast like a express train in making decisions or else it may cost a life.

Swetha's mind is already messed up and she is not in a situation to make proper decisions and at the same time she couldnt avoid her duty. She attended the patient who is anyway going to die within minutes  rather than to the patient who may survive if treated within one hour.

Armaan came to the emergency ward as soon as the operation has completed. Emergency physicians, surgeons  and orthopedicians who ever present at that time  are busy in handling the cases.

Armaan spotted swetha who stood beside a patient bed  engrossed in her own  thoughts holding a cell phone in her hand typing something.

( actually she is typing her
phone password to open it. As the patient seemed to be dead, she want to check his pupils to see them dilated or not and it is done with the help of light - light reflex in medical terms to see response to light which varies in various conditions and widens  in dead people. As deaths are rare in ortho cases, they wont carry torch along with them so they mostly use phone flashlight.   But as her mind is messed , she typed the  wrong passwords continously and it seemed
like she is chatting )