chapter-27

Arjun's pov

I am too tired with this reception. It is really too difficult to stand and great each and every guest with a smile on our face. But priya, a smile always will be on her lips. She is smiling as if she is giving ad for closeup tooth paste. Here i am standing like a statue and glaring at each and every guest scaring them to run away as soon as possible.

I am sleepy too and if the party has not ended soon, i may sleep here itself.  With my sleepy eyes, i caught the similar figure coming towards us with another person beside.

Melissa

I am unable to decide what i am feeling now by seeing her after a long time. Is it happiness? Fear? Regret? Awkward feeling? Whatever it may be one thing i am sure about is i am happy for her. She desrves happiness. It may be awkward to see her again after being in physical intimacy with her. She is a friend first and also she had taken care of me when i was sick, like a mother. I can't go back and change anything but i can make sure to secure our features, me, priya , melissa and karan.

Melissa is not a one night stand for me.   She is a friend and our fathers thought of marrying us. She told me she is not a virgin and have few sleep overs and i am okay with that coz i am not saint then. But when she confessed me about her truth, i felt extreme anger not for her father but for myself thinking how could i not able to see her pain.

We tried to have a relationship forgetting all her flaws but something was  missing.i.e. love.  She did not love me and my love for priya stopped us having a relationship in long run. After seeing priya, my love blossomed  again and i was not able to continue my relationship with melissa as her boyfriend. Before saying my feelings to melissa , she only decided to step out of our relationship.

I won't leave her f**king father to treat his daughter like a shit. I am planning a lot to make that douchebag fall on streets and beg for mercy. He has to pay for every tear mel has shed.

Breaking my chain of thoughts, priya squealed in excitement and ran towards melissa hugging her  tightly , shocking me to the core.

How they know each other?

Priya dragged melissa towards me and the man beside mel is following them. 

" Arjun, she is melissa , my sister" priya told me in excitement filled voice.

Sister? How?

Mel di.. He is arjun and my husband" priya introduced us.

" omg, i thought i will never meet you. I am so happy to see you here. When my marriage got fixed, your name came to my mind first but i don't have any contact of you to send the invitation. God might have listened to my prayers and he send my di to me. I am so happy"  priya squealed in excitement and hugged mel once again.  Mel is looking at me with a blank face. She too may be in shock but why?

Priya is hugging melissa tightly and not leaving her. I am hearing some sobs and to my shock, it is priya who is crying like a newborn baby. Melissa is consoling her by saying some soothing words in her ear.  They broke the hug and i took priya in my arms hugging her. Her tears always breaks my heart. 

" princess, ...why suddenly ganga river is flowing from your eyes?" i asked her casually to lighten the mood and the devil here hit me over my chest with her hand.

" stop it arjun."  priya broke the hug with me and wiped her tears facing us.

" Hii mel. How are you ?  I think this is karan. Right? " i asked her and she nodded with blush on her face. I never saw her blushing. May be real blush comes on girls face only with the name of their loved ones.  A small smile came on my lips thinking about my princess, who always blushes whenever she see me.