chapter-32

Writer's pov

" beta, if you want to stay away from him,Why can't you stay here in this house. I am also like your mother and so this is not only your inlaw house but maternal home too. " revathi asked priya when she is adamnant to stay in PG(post graduate)hostel.

Priya is packing her things to go back to hostel and revathi is sitting in priya's room on the bed. She is trying to stop priya from going. Listening to her mother in law's pleadings, she stopping packing and sat beside her mother in law on the bed.

" mummy ji, please try to understand me. If i stay here he will definitely come here as it is his house. But i want some time alone and that is the reason why i am not going back to my friend's house also. Moreover, there will be intermedics(sports competitions among medical colleges) in the next week. So for doing practice, it will be convenient for me if i stay in hostel." priya told her mother in law who sighed thinking that priya won't listen to her.

" you are just like your mother. She too never listens to anyone if she decided on one thing. She too is a sports girl like you when we were in college. You are the exact replica of her. If..if..i had known earlier that you are her daughter, i..i would not have left you" Revathi sobs suddenly thinking about her best friend, Anjali(priya's mom).

Priya hold revathi's hands with her one hand and wiped her tears with another hand.

"mummy ji, it is destiny. No one can predict what the future holds for us. We are just the pawns in the game played by the destiny. But see ultimately, we are all at our right places. In any way, your angry bird son would be destined to be mine." priya said winking at her mother in law who in turn chuckled.

" you really love him so much. Right? Now i am jeaolous of my own son. How an angry arrogant man like him got a angel like you. It is not just destiny but a miracle or my son's luck. I thought you will leave him. I am acting selfish here not because he is my blood. He..he..did not get any love in his childhood, neither from me nor from his father. He always struggled hard while we were involved in dealing with our own shit. I am guilty of leaving him at such a tender age. I want..to..get rid of the guilt to some extent by giving the love he craved,that is you. You are his love, priya. Due to your mother's last wish, you decided to marry him. Now i am asking you another promise as a mother, don't .ever..leave his side..he needs you..if he does mistakes, correct him. If he acts arrogantly, straighten him. If he..he.hurts you by any means, ..try to understand him, please.. As a woman, i can't say this to you but as a mother i am helpless..." Revathi said crying holding priya's hands in a pleading manner.

Flashback
Before priya marriage when revathi met priya....
(continuation of the conversation in chapter 17 )

" no aunty, please try to understand. He is not like before. He only hates me now. Its better for us to stay separated." priya tried to convince arjun's mom revathi.

Revathi sighed listening her words and she took a photo from her handbag and gave it to priya.

Priya took it from her hesitantly and tears welled up in her eyes....

"maaaa (mom)" she mumbled.

" priya, i thought of knowing more about you on seeing my son's interest in you. I knew you as his best friend only and i helped you with your studies thinking of you as my son's best friend. I lost contact of him and his whereabouts when he moved to Newyork and i lost your contacts too. I did not know what happened suddenly that you both disappeared. I went to my friend's place, Hyderabad to help her as her health is not good coz of ovarian cancer. I had been there in hyderabad for almost 3 years and when i came back to mumbai, everything has changed. You are not there in orphanage and he went to abraod. I called rahul to know more as he is the only one who is in contact with me all the time. He told me everything which you both had gone through and he told me about your unexpected marriage also . He also told me about the rumours that has spread around you and i enquired more about you. I went to your orphanage one day to know about you. There i happened to know that you are my best friend's daughter. Your mother and i were college mates. When arjun was born , she is the first one to hold him. Arjun is more attached to her than me when he was a child. She always used to say that arjun would be his son in law if she gave birth to a daughter. When arjun was five years old, she got married , more precisely love marriage. Then we both got busy in our marriage lifes. She has moved to Delhi with her husband as he works there. He is a doctor too just like your mom......."