chapter-6

Sunshine hospitals
Writer's pov

"Hey Priya, how is your health now. Are you OK. You should have taken rest. " Dr. Advaith asked her the next day when she came to hospital.

" I'm fine sir. Thanks for your concern. And congrats sir, I got news of your promotion from Senior resident to Assistant professor" said Priya.

"Thanks dear. Remember one thing, if you want any kind of help, you can ask me anytime. I'm not saying it as your senior,but as a brotherly figure to you. " Advaith said showing concern for her as he know very well what she had gone through.

"Definitely sir. And thanks once again" Priya said with great adoration for him. Sometimes some soothing words can relieve our stress and pain a lot. As for Priya, being a orphan she craved for such concern a lot, but she didn't get any. Even if she got also, she had lost it. A lone tear escaped from her eye without her knowledge. She quickly wiped her tears and headed to their department.

Emergency ward

After wearing her hospital dress and mouth mask, she headed to emergency ward as there is an accident case of road traffic accident. A lorry run over to the road side small hotel, resulting in the spontaneous death of 3 individuals and 1 got severely injured. That one person pulse is weak, blood pressure low, and bleeding profusely from lower region.

Surgery and orthopedics department duty doctors rushed to the emergency ward immediately on getting call. Arjun along with his post graduates, and advaith along with his postgraduates including priya went to emergency ward.
But they couldn't see each other due to mouth
mask and also due to severity of the situation, there is no time to waste to look for their surroundings.

On inspecting the patient and taking X-ray's, they concluded that the he got pelvic(hip bone) fracture along with rupture of urethra, which needs intervention. After stabilising the patient, they planned the surgery.

Operation theatre

After getting dressed in surgical aprons, all entered in the theatre and performing the surgery.
After some time situation is under control, operation almost ended. Arjun and avaith are performing the surgery and priya helping them.

"hey Priya, suture the wound and dress it, come to the ward afterwards" Advaith said to priya.

"hey Arjun, that's amazing man" Advaith said to Arjun regarding surgery.

As they heard their names, Arjun and priya look at each other, but they couldn't see the faces as the mask is still present on them.

Arjun stared at her while she is suturing the wound. While suturing, she once glanced at Arjun, who is staring at her continuously. She became nervous as she thought she might be doing suturing in a wrong way.

"Sir, is anything wrong in the way I'm suturing" she asked him to know the reason behind his intense gaze. Her voice seemed familiar, but he thought how can she become a doctor.

"No, it's perfect" he said and left the OT.

After suturing and dressing the wound, she finally checked the patient vitals and came outside OT. Outside the OT, Arjun and advaith talking, after changing their dresses. Arjun's back is facing her. She removed her face mask and when she got a call from karthik, she is talking with him smiling. But her smile stopped when she glanced in front.

Yes, Arjun on hearing the phone ringtone which is his favourite song, turned backwards to look just casually. But got shocked seeing Priya dressed in a surgical apron. Then, realization hit him, the post graduate who assisted him in surgery is none other than Priya herself.