Chapter18

"Izzy come on, we need to leave for your appointment" I heard Dianna's voice boom through the house.

"Coming" I shouted as I made my way downstairs.

"We'll be back later girls" Dianna said to Demi and Maddie who were sitting on the couch, Demi eyeing me.

"Can you bring back food please" Maddie pleaded.

"We'll see what time we're out from Izzy's appointment because you have ariel practice today" Dianna added.

"Okay bye" both Demi and Maddie chimed.

~~

I sat in the passanger seat of the car looking out through the window, for some reason I woke up in an odd mood this morning. I just couldn't shake a feeling of sadness that I felt.

"You okay Izzy" Dianna's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, just have a lot on my mind I guess" I said continuing to stare out the road as we drove.

"Anything you want to talk about"

"Actually I've been wanting to talk to both Eddie and you" I said finally directing my attention toward Dianna.

"Is everything okay?" she asked with a hint of nervous in her tone.

"I just want to apoligize for the accident, and I promise I'll talk to one of my grandma's former lawyers to see if I can make a large withdrawl from the money she left me to pay you guys back for the medical expennses. This shouldn't have to be on you" I spoke feeling disapointed in myself.

"You don't need to pay us back Izzy, yes this accident was stupid and should have never happened but it indeed was an accident. Eddie and I were actually speaking and we'll take care of the hospital bill, but you're on your own with fixing up your car" Dianna spoke. I had almost forgotten about my car and how badly the front bumper and hood had looked.

"It means alot and I'm taking full responsibility for everything, Michael is even helping me look for jobs because I know the fix for my car is going to come by cheap. I also want to earn your trust back" I smiled sheepishly.

"You never lost it" Dianna smiled. "But I do want you to answer me this, with one hundred percent honesty"

"Ok" I said scared at what was about to come out of her mouth even though a part of me already knew it would have to pertain to why they had found alcohol in my system that day.

"I know it wasn't the cause for the accident, but why on earth did the doctors find alcohol in your blood. If you have a probelm talk to us, because we can get you help. You're much too young to fall into such toxins" Dianna spoke with concern.

I sighed, knowing I had to come up with something geniune to say because as much as I respected her I couldn't tell her the truth, that I sought comfort in alcohol and drugs. "After I left school, I was angry over some stupid comment that this girl had said. I saw the mini bottle laying on the floor of my car which one of my friends had most likely dropped from the weekend. I guess in that moment I was just angry that I didn't care"

"Were you trying to supress your feelings" Dianna asked putting the car in park outside of the doctors office. I knew Dianna could read me but I still continued to fluff my answers being careful of not to say too much.

"I was just mad and I thought it would calm me down"

After the doctors visit Dianna had dropped me back at home because of the pain killers they had made me take at the doctors office which made me sleepy. Her and Eddie decided to go out for dinner together considering Demi and Maddie weren't at home, leaving me alone. I honestly didn't mind being alone, I found it hard to come by it now a days living here. I decided to hang outside by the pool, the air was warm but still a little cold considering it was the start of March. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it letting the toxins pentrate my lungs but also warming me. Mid cigarette I heard doors opening and thankfully it was Dallas.