Chapter 31

"Hey you" I heard a familiar voice knock on my door.

"Hey" I smiled looking up from my writing to find Ethan.

"Do you think I can pull you away from your writing for a few minutes, I have something for you" Ethan spoke walking closer to me.

"That depends" I smiled cheekily coming closer to his face before turning around and walking outside.

"Wait, it's a surprise so I need to cover your eyes" Ethan spoke coming up behind me and covering my eyes with his heads and began leading the way. We began walking, and I could tell we were headed outside by the beams of sun warming up my body.

"SUPRISE!!!" I heard a large group of people shout as soon as Ethan hands dropped from my eyes. Blinded by the sunshine I was still able to make out the people.

"I've missed you so much Iz" Maddies arms embraced me, as I stood there in complete and utter shock staring at Dallas, Demi, Dianna, Eddie, Jackie, and Michael.

"I... I missed you too baby girl" I finally spoke letting go of Maddie's embrace only to be pulled into another hug this one coming from Dallas.

"I know what you told me, but no one should go through recovery alone" Ethan whispered in my ear, quickly mouthing thank you I went on to hug everyone else.
~~
That afternoon was spent catching up with everyone, mainly everyone informing me of what's been going on and I just keeping up the small talk. Everything seemed like a dream I couldn't understand how everyone was going about that visiting me in a rehab facility was normal especially after I had completely blown them off.
"One of the nurses informed me that you're recovery has made significant progress this past month" Dianna chirped in to the conversation.
"Um yeah I guess I've finally stopped fighting the system" I awkwardly smiles looking over to Michael who was talking with Ethan and Jackie, which made me uncomfortable.
"Was there something that made things click" I heard Dallas speak up bringing back my attention to them.
"I've been writing a lot lately, I guess I've finally started letting out all those built up emotions" I said.
"Do you know when you'll be able to leave for the weekends?" Demi finally spoke up.
"Um actually I have all my privileges, I'm..."
"I'm doing a concert here in L.A next week the whole family is going to be there" Demi interrupted.
"I um. Thank you for the offer but..."
"Come on Iz pleaseeee! Like old times it will be so much fun!!" Maddie squealed.
"I'll talk to one of the nurses so she can sign off" I forced a smile knowing there wasn't going to be any getting out of this.
Feeling a pair of hands on my shoulders I turned meeting eye to eye with Michael.
"Mind if I steal her away for a bit" he smiled. Walking away from the tables toward a small bench we took a seat.
"How've you been" he asked hesitantly.
"Better" I smiled shyly.
"You know you could've talked to me all this time whatever you were feeling or going through"
"Michael, please"
"I just, I wanna know if this was why we broke up because you had so much inner turmoil going on or..."
"Sort of. Michael you have so much going for you know with college and football, I was just holding you back"
"That's not true"
"I wanted to leave to LA with Jackie"
"I know she told me, but why did you want to leave? To get away from whatever you were feeling or me"
"I'm still trying to understand" I looked down at my hands
"So us that ever going to be an option again" Michael asked lifting up my chin.
"I don't know right now, but i owe you the respect to tell you to not wait around for me."
"You're the only girl I want" Michael said before pressing his lips onto mine giving me a soft and gentle kiss. "I love you Isabella Lovato" he said pressing our foreheads together, allowing me to see Ethan from the corner of my eye.