Chapter 20

Izzy's POV

Demi and I are on a plane to L.A. for the weekend, and I'm doing my best to not show my emotions around Demi, because I know she will only pry her way into everything. Things left off rather strange with Michael and I and frankly I'm still upset. I still don't know why him denying me the other day bothers me so much but it does. I feel Demi's head on my shoulder and look over to see her asleep, I adjust my position and put up the volume on my music and try to control the thoughts racing through my head.

Demi's POV:

After landing in L.A. Izzy and I stopped by to pick up some food and then head over to my apartment. I'm honestly so excited to be spending the weekend with Izzy, hopefully mend our relationship.

"Izzy come on the foods going to get cold" I shouted.

"Dude relax, I think you're allowed to eat sushi cold" she said plopping down on couch next to me.

"Okay well maybe I'm just really hungry" I say serving a few rolls on my plate along with some kale salad and brown rice. I take notice easy only takes two rolls and some salad.

"Whats wrong I thought you loved sushi" I ask. I've never had suspicion about Izzy's eating because well she's never given me something to be suspicious about. I know I sounds paranoid but she's my sister and considering we still have never talked about her trouble with alcohol and drugs I make sure to take note of her behaviors.

"It is, just not that hungry" she says, playing around with her food.

We lounge around for the afternoon eating and watching t.v.

"Hey, do you think I can go down to the gym?" Izzy asks breaking the silence between us.

"I'll join you, late night workouts always get me sleepy" I say jumping up.

We get down to my apartment complex gym, and it's empty just how I like it. Izzy jumps on the treadmill and I take a mat and start doing some stretches. After an hour I start feeling tired I hop off the elliptical and look over to Izzy who is currently doing squats on a bench with a weight on her lap.

"I've never seen a teenager so into working out" I say grabbing our water bottles and walking over to her"

"Stress reliever" she huffs out still keeping her concentration as she finished her set of squats. "Thanks" she says grabbing the bottle from my hand.

"You're dripping" I say staring at her hair which is soaked from sweat.

"It doesn't count unless your soaked" she says finishing up her water.

"Come on, we could use a shower" I say picking up our things.

~~

I finished changing into some pajama shorts and an oversized t-shirt and I walk out of my room to grab something to drink. As I'm walking back to my room I notice Izzy's bedroom light is on. Its almost two in the morning, I would've thought she knocked out after her intense workout and showering. I quietly open the door only to see Izzy sitting on her bed with her knees pulled to her chest deep in thought.

"Hey baby whats wrong" I ask softly not trying to startle her.

"Nothing sorry, just thinking" Izzy snaps her head up clearly caught off guard by my presence.

"I know i'm not around a lot but you haven't been acting yourself, are you okay" I ask taking a seat on her bed sitting indian style. I'm meet with Izzy's beautiful brown eyes, except there is something dark and sad in them, something I've never seen. "Iz, talk to me" I say grabbing her hands in mine.

"My moms anniversary of her death, is coming up" she says looking down. I'm honestly caught off guard, considering she's never opened up to me or actually talked about her mom, since she's moved in with us.

"You miss her" I say obviously knowing the answer but trying to get her to open up more.

"More than anything right now" she says her voice cracking.

"Come here" I say pulling her onto my lap, I stroke her hair as I feel a few tears drop fall onto my legs and a slight sniffle from her. "It's okay to be sad and cry Izzy you don't have be strong all the time" I say noticing how strong she's trying to not cry.

"After my mom passed away, and it was just my grandma and I, I always made sure to let everyone know I was happy. I didn't want anyone feeling bad for me, I wanted everyone and myself to believe that everything was okay, which I can sometimes be translated in anger" Izzy began talking. "I stopped showing my feelings. I pretended to be okay even though most of the time I just didn't wanted to exist" she said which caused my breathe to hitch in my throat, I had never heard Izzy talk like this so vulnerable. Izzy sat up and faced me her eyes a bit red.

"Do you know why I'm telling you this" she said looking at me.

I simply shook my head still at loss for words.

"Because I don't hate you, I just hate people who are extremely noisy overanalyzing other peoples actions. I know you mean well but it takes a lot for me to open up. Also i'm not stupid I know you and Dallas set this up, especially since tomorrows concert is a promoter event, but thank you still" she says catching me off guard by her complete one- eighty and maturity.

"Izzy, I... " I stuttered still unsure of what to say.

"So can you cut me some slack on trying to get to know everything about me" she says placing her hands on my shoulders eyeing me down.

"Okay, BUT... you have to promise not to shut me out or anyone else. I'm here for you, even if I'm touring and a thousand miles away, you can call me" I said embracing her in a hug. "Now come on lets get to sleep it's late" I say pulling her covers out from under her.

"Uhh you aint sleeping with me" she says grabbing a pillow.

"My house, my rules now come cuddle with me" I say.

That night I finally went to sleep happy knowing things were finally on track to getting better with Izzy and with time she would open up more to me.