Chapter 26

Demi's POV

"What do you mean she hasn't come home in almost a week"

"Last time we saw her she told me she was spending the weekend at her friends house, but after she didn't come home Sunday night I went over to her friends Jackie house looking for her, and Jackie said that Izzy had mentioned something about going to L.A. Demi i'm worried she doesn't even answer her phone" my mom cried onto the other line of the phone. Leave it to Izzy to scare my mom shitless.

"Don't worry. I know a few places where Izzy could be here in L.A. I'll call you if anything" I reassured my mom before hanging up.

"Whats going on nena" Wilmer asked as he walked into the living room.

"Izzy's missing and she isn't answering anyones calls" I said slumping down in my seat.

"And you guys think she's here" he continued prying information out of me.

"Yeah, one of her friends told my mom that Izzy had wanted to come to L.A." I said.

"Well do you want to go and look for her or..." 

"You know what I have a feeling I know where she could be"

"Okay then lets go" he said quickly jumping up and grabbing his keys. 

"I think it's better I go alone. She obviously doesn't want to be found. I'll call if anything" I said taking his keys and giving Wilmer a quick kiss before heading out. I wasn't sure exactly where to start but last time Izzy was here she told me there were two places which she cherished, this secluded cave area on Santa Monica Beach and the cemetery where her mom and grandma are buried. I figured my best shot was the cemetery, I hoped onto the highway and sped off. 

~~

The sun was beginning to set illumination the sky. The feeling of lost hope in finding Izzy was falling over me as I walked across the moist sand at the beach. I plopped down on the sand bringing my flannel closer to my chest as a cool breeze over took the sky.

"You give up fast" I heard a raspy voice call from behind causing me to quickly turn my head.

"Fucking Izzy!" I jumped engulfing her in my arms. 

"Ouch! Dude seriously get off" Izzy protested wriggling out of my grip.

"Do you have any clue how worried mom was why the hell did you just leave" I said taking in Izzy's appearance. She looked like a hot mess and smelled of weed and alcohol. 

"No my mom is six feet under she's just glad i'm still breathing" she answered sadness lacing her tone.

"Are you drunk" I questioned.

"Getting there" Izzy said taking out a flask from her back pocket and bringing it to her mouth.

"Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you" I said slapping the flask out of her hand.

"Why the fuck do you care, you didn't even bother looking for me you gave up as soon as you saw the beach was empty" Izzy spat.

"Come on Izzy you're coming home now" I said grabbing a hold of her wrist.

"No let me fucking go" She protested tugging away at my grip but I wasn't letting go.

"I'm not going to let you self destruct Isabella" I said grabbing her by both her shoulders in hopes of putting some sense in her which I knew would be difficult at the moment considering she was intoxicated.

"You're fucking hurting me" she yelled out causing me to ease up my grip a bit and having her drop to her knees over taken by sobs.

"Izzy baby. Relax I need you to breathe" I said trying to calm her cries. After a few heaved and scattered breathes Izzy finally began calming down, we made our way back to my car so I could take her home. I figured she would put up a protest so I took the long way home hoping she would calm down a bit further. By the time I had put the car in park Izzy was dosing off.

"Hey we're here" I softly spoke. I helped Izzy out of the car as she staggered through the parking garage and onto the elevator.

"I think i'm going to be sick" Izzy spoke as soon the doors opened leading her into my apartment. 

"Here" I quickly placed one of the kitchen trashcans in front of her in time to blow chunks. "Shhh its ok" I soothed Izzy's back as she kneeled on the hallway for clinging onto the trashcan as she continued to throw up. 

"Need some water" Wilmer said handing me a bottle of water taking in the situation the was unfolding. 

"Get the fuck away from me!" Izzy screamed at Wilmer darting up from the floor.

"Izzy calm down he's just trying to help" I said trying to calm her.

"He's a sick fucking bastard" she spat at Wilmer before darting toward the bathroom in the bedroom. 

"What the hell was that" I asked looking at Wilmer for an explanation.

"She's drunk she doesn't know what she's talking. Hell she probably is confusing me with someone else having some fucking hallucination from crack or something" Wilmer spoke.

"I think you should leave" I spoke with firmness in my tone.

"Whatever" he said before turning around and grabbing his keys. 

~~

Izzy's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. I felt the softness from the comforters which helped bring back my senses, sitting up I realized I was in Demi's room. I guess I fell asleep here last night or a few hours ago I assumed by the darkness that engulfed the night sky through the windows. I quietly made my way toward the bathroom. As I took in my presence I realized my hair was damp, Demi must have given me a shower. I couldn't fucking remember anything. Hell since the night I get on the plane to come to L.A. after my graduation everything was a blur I had been high every single day since I arrived.  I grabbed one of the cups where Demi kept her toothbrush and filled it up with some water from the sink as I rummaged through her cabinets for an Advil. Just as I closed one of the medicine cabinets door I saw my pile of clothes laying at the floor.

"I wonder if she found my stash" I thought to myself. I quickly began turing my jean pockets, I internally cursed myself noticing she had taken the little baggie of weed. I reached into the inner pockets of my jacket to thankfully still find a two pills. I had no clue what they fucking where but I'm pretty sure they would help better than Advil. I took one of the pills and hid the other one back in my jean jacket. I figured Demi would have a fit if she didn't find me sleeping next to her so I made my way back to her bedroom I climbed back under the sheets allowing whatever pill I just took take its course.