Sign Four

READING GUIDANCE

" This is a direct sentence in the present time."

" This is a direct sentence in the past time."

' This is inside character's mind sentence in the present time.'

'This is inside character's mind sentence in the past time.'

[ This is direct sentence in sign language in the present time.]

[ This is direct sentence in sign language in the past time.]

HAPPY READING!

Last Revision: 29/10/2022

.

.

.

.

.

Pope Joseph was really mad after knowing their plan about leaving the village, and other villagers showed their concerns toward them. Really, they literally showed their expressions in a very expressive way to the point it made Irisha felt a little bad about it. Even though the term of leaving the village was not uncommon, as, in fact, many youngsters from this village already left to find their fortune- but, in their case of course the villagers will be dramatic enough to show their disagreement toward Irisha's decision.

Irisha knew that pretty well.

She is deaf and mute.

She is a disabled person.

What thing that she could do outside the world? What could she do by herself while taking care of a child like her sister?

Of course, she understands it pretty well and she is really grateful for their concerns about them because it means that they worry about them, right? So at that time when Pope Joseph fumed because of her decision, instead of feeling discomfort, she felt so warm and tried to respect his feeling toward them. Because, from the first to the very end, he was the one who took very good care of her and her sister.

[ I have already thought about it for a long time. I already planned all of it to ensure that my decision will not give us any harm. So please don't be worried.] she said to the old man who still showed his disagreement. [ I signed a contract with a Southern Merchant to work with them. You also knew about them too, right Pope? They are kind people so I feel safe to entrust my life and my sister with them.] and tried hard to persuade and soothed him, but seemed it failed.

" So now you are saying that you will bring your sister to a place you never once stepped in?! Do you even know how dangerous the world could be?"

[ I know pretty well-]

" It is so far away, it took two months with the carriage. The weather is not friendly, and there are many bad people that could harm you."

[ I know but, please listen to me-]

" Don't be so naïve, Irisha! I know that you are admiring the outside world but it is not all about beauty! there are so many bad things around it and you are mature enough if you try to avoid them!"

[ Please, listen to -]

" What thing someone like you could do?" he said, with his reddened face that stiffen after he then realized what just he said to her. The villagers around them also stopped all they did as the atmosphere became heavy.

She could see that the atmosphere became so much awkward as they were all know how taboo it was. Even though, she, herself never thought about her disability in such way. But, some people also just tried to appreciate her in a way that created this awkwardness. Then, she just needed to understand that. That was why, she started to talk,[ I know pretty well that I am mute and deaf. Yet, are not you the one who see me the way I am, Pope?] asked her while holding his hand dearly.