Sign Thirty One

She still remembers it even after years passed and her life withered to become a new one. The time when she was living as a woman named Lara, who bitterly lived while believing there was no such love in that world. What was love supposed to mean anyway? How could people adore and dream of it? while every single time of her was filled with memories that led her to define love as the worst substance a human should not ever have.

It was painful.

Full of unrequited expectations.

Exhaustion.

It was filled with agonizing disappointment and revenge.

No empathy nor sympathy.

Yet,

" ... she is my safest place in this world." the man in her previous life- with his silly smile and sweet voice. Somehow, she questioned how could a human in this kind of world spread a smile like his as if only happiness surrounded him.

' ... you just naïve, there is no such place.' because she felt it. After years passed and she got older. She had to be aware of her surroundings because if she was losing her guard- just in a second her place will be easily taken away.

" You don't believe me, is not it?" asked him. She once hated his sensitive intuition as if he could look at her entirely.

Yet she just put her cold expression as if she was not thinking about anything. " Take my advice." and she said. " Don't ever you put your guard off to anyone... even it is your wife."

' Don't trust them. Don't put any expectation.' then, it will be easier to live in this world.

and the man just looked at her for a while before saying, " Don't you feel tired?"

" I am not."

" Human needs time to rest, you know."

" Really?"

" Trust me."

" There is no point."

" Why?"

" There is no reason," she said. " Human works that way." and she looked at him who looked at her with an expression that somehow pissed her off. A kind of expression as if he pitied her, and her life. After all things that she did to be in the place where no one could hurt her anymore- her heart shook and shattered just because of a mere expression of him." -because, there is no point! there is no point to talk about nonsense like this- So, just fucking do your work and shut up!" and even on that time she realized, she was not in her right mind to then let her emotion burst out like that. Yet, his existence annoyed her so much, he was talking too much. Her heart thumped every time he talked about how he saw the world.

Their life was so different.

and she was fed up listening about it.

her life was nothing like him.

She envied him.

' If I was born as you...what will happen in my life?' and a child-like wish that she never thought to wish before she met him.

"... Maybe someday," yet his stubborn as usual, denied the situation he was in and looked at her without hesitation. " You will find the right person ma'am. The one that could make you feel safe and comfortable in this kind of world." and he sincerely said that while looking at her as if he prayed for that wish from the bottom of his heart. Prayed as if her life was mattered for him. While there was nothing between her and him in the beginning. There was no blood linked inside theirs. There was no reason for him to do that for her.