Sign Twenty Eight

The previous world of the girl who is now living in the unknown fantasy world was full of busy noises and crowded people, who seemed like times were racing their life. It was filled with many expectations and achievements that were stereotypically built-in society. Strangely enough, they followed them as if it was a must naturally.

Even though life already hard enough for one to live, yet, seemed humans had to fulfill others' expectations while they were all only had two hands, two ears, two feet- for them to move forward.

Yet, the girl was also the one who followed the molded stereotype. In her previous life, she was once living the expectations of people for her entire life even until the ending of her miserable breath. Back then, for this girl, life was so chaotic and felt so short. Even after 27 years old of living to the end of her last breath, the girl was still questioning whether there was something that she could embrace as a good memory in her life?

.

.

The girl's name was Lara Dena. She was the sole daughter of the CEO of a well-known company. People said that she was a perfect daughter as she was healthy, talented, smart, and beautiful- and yes, she was once thought the same about herself. She was thinking that the world revolved around her and only to her. The mindset of how people should put herself first was like an absolute thing. She was desperately seeking to be known, to be justified that her existence was there by the people as she was never felt full entirely.

The girl could do anything to make herself to be the first one. Even though it meant by ruining another person's life, the girl will do that if it's necessary. If it did mean, she had to throw away people's projects, burn their homework, or bully them- she will do the dirty things despite how young her age back then. Of course, her heart is shaken sometimes, her inhumanity started to crumble every time she looked at people that she slowly ruined, but, she closed her eyes and faked herself to think it was all alright as she had to do that.

The girl thought she had to because she desperately wanted to hear the praises from her parents. She desperately desired their recognition, and every day she thought, if the expectations they put on her shoulder could she achieved, sometimes maybe, the spacious darkroom where she always return to- at the very least will not dark anymore. Then maybe, there will be a time for the three of them to be back together. Just like the other families that she saw every single time in her entire life. That she envied, as she questioned why they had that kind of family, where they could share happiness and sadness with while she was not.

Her frustration and wicked ambition then led her to the wicked things she did to gain what she desired. While ignoring the fact that she felt guilty about it, because it was all for her only wish after all.

Despite that, she did work so hard. Every single times when there was something her parents asked her to do, she will force herself to get it. Even though it ruined her, or if in the end someone's life was ruined for her to get the achievement - if that meant she could achieve that, she would fake herself again to bear the guilty feeling inside.

.

... for a little hope her young self, dreaming of.

Just for that little thing.

.

But, life sometimes looked like it was joking. Because, despite how struggling and suffering the girl to protect and hold the crumbled family- on her 17th birthday, both of her parents then decided to divorce.

Her heart shattered into pieces. It felt hurt so bad as if her whole life had ended. Then, in her urge tears, she asked her mother while looking at her eyes deeply. The familiar eyes that she never looked at for quite a long time-