Sign Twenty One

" Here is the transportation rails that have been modified. Inside the rails, there are several magic stones planted so that now the carts will be moving on their own. It's been several days but, there were no major problems so we could move.... Ms. Irisha?" asked Edward, who just using his sign language while showing Irsha who is now inspecting the modified mining cave inside Rocky Mountain. Yet, the woman in front of him seems to have something in her mind and not focusing on what he said. 

He sighs, as he looks around to the sparkling beautiful cave that is naturally made of glowing natural stones. They are all sparkling even in the darkness, and creating beautiful scenery. Especially when the river inside it reflects the shimmering light of the stones as if they are in the milky way sky. It is beautiful, and he was not at all aware of it before he then met Irisha. Irisha was the one who was so excited about this scenery the first time they were here,  her eyes were sparkling even though she was trying to compose herself during the first survey. 

She was beautiful.

She still is.

"... and I am so excited about bringing you here today," he muttered. Yet, the woman is still not yet aware of what is going on. He smiles, weakly. " What are you thinking right now actually?" while somehow hoping, she is not thinking about something else whenever she is with him.

[... ah, what is it?] and then she wakes up from her thought. Looking at him with her usual smile, who is now always making his heart thump like crazy. [ ... Excuse me, I am not looking at you. Did you say something?] 

and he could not even hide his blushing whenever he looks at her. " ... Pardon me, you have to tighten your helmet-" and he finds himself always seeking an opportunity to make him and the woman in front of him get even a little bit closer- just like tightening the loose helmet of hers. 

And, Edward, the youngest wealthy businessman in this empire who always succeeds in seducing women-finds himself awkwardly holding the rope of her helmet. Especially when he has to bend his body to lean toward her and find himself close to her face. He feels his cheeks burning and his heart is annoyingly loud right now.

[ Ah, thank you.] but the woman will just brush him away as smoothly as she could. While takes a step back and looks away like it was nothing. [ So what is it, Mr.Edward?], and pretending there's nothing happened. 

'... you do know, did not you?'  as her action slowly changing whenever he tried to get closer to her. So, how could he not realize that she is now trying to avoid him?

Yet he smiles, and he did a good job faking his smiles as he is one of the capable businessmen in this capital. He has many experiences in faking expression but never he wanted to do it in front of this woman, " ... I was talking about the progress of this mining site, the rail system is working and I think we could proceed to the next level." 

and she nods after looking at him. [ Alright, I guess we can proceed with it.] she said, while again looking to nowhere as the thought of her is trying to drown her again. 

" Ms.Irisha." but then he grabs her, found her looking at him confusedly before he lets her go. Then he looks at her with eyes that are hoping for her to look at him right now. "... Are you okay?" because it is hurting him in a way he could not explain whenever he looks at her like this. 

Then she tilts her head, smiles a little in confusion. [ What do you mean?] and fakes it as it is not so obvious.

And, his heart aching "... today, you always lost in your thought, so maybe... if there is something burdening you, I could he-"

[ Mr.Edward,] but she stops him while smiling with a wide smile that feels so wrong. It feels so different from her sincere smile. [ Let's just focus on our business.] and she closes herself as always every time he tries to get a little bit closer to her.