Chapter 13

"What is the matter Valerie?"

I looked up at Anna on Friday before class. I sighed, "what do you mean?"

She huffed, sitting on the couch next to her friend, "you came home angry and upset the other night after your date. And you said you didn't want to talk about it, and that's fine. But it's been two days and you're sitting here. You're going to be late for class. You're never late for class."

I groaned, "I don't want to go to class today. Okay?"

She shook her head, "no. It's not okay. What's the matter?"

I shrugged, standing up. "I was dating someone. It was a mistake. That's it. You're right." I groaned, "I should get to class." I knew it was easier going to class rather than have to answer any more of her questions.

*******************************************************************

I walked into Chris's class ten minutes late. I heard him stop talking and watch me take a seat next to the door.

"You're late Ms. Wilson."

I nodded, "yup." I watched him clench his jaw as I rolled my eyes. I sat and doodled in my notebook the entire class as I avoided his gaze. When class ended I got up to leave, making it to the door before I heard him.

"Wait. Ms. Wilson."

I groaned, turning back to him as he waited for the classroom to empty. "What."

"What?! You've been ignoring my calls and you showed up late."

I nodded, "so? You're lucky I showed up at all. I think I'm going to drop the class."

He shook his head, "no you aren't. Please Valerie. Talk to me. I didn't sleep with that girl. I sent her home after you left."

I scoffed, "yeah. But you intended to sleep with her. Didn't you? After we discussed not sleeping with anyone else."

He groaned, resting on the edge of his desk, "I'm sorry. I thought you were going home with Kyle." He grabbed her hand, "I'm sorry Valerie. I only want you too."

I shook my head as I looked at his hand in mine, "but you didn't. You only want me enough to be yours without actually claiming me." I pulled my hand away from him. "You always have to control every aspect of everything. I only needed a little give. But you couldn't give it to me. So no. I'm done Chris." I heard him groan as I left the classroom.

***************************************************************

I sat at the bar later that night, knowing Chris would have his girls, so he wouldn't be there. I saw Kyle see me, pouring me a drink, "Kyle. I'm sorry about the other night."

He shrugged, "it's fine. Not sure why you agreed to go out with me if you were with someone else though."

I groaned, "it's not like that. We weren't together like that. Not really. And now we aren't at all. I'm sorry." I was about to say something but heard my phone dinging. I pulled it out to see messages from Chris.

>I'm sorry. Just come over after the girls go to bed so we can talk.
Please Valerie. I miss you.
I need you.<

Kyle watched her looking at her looking at her phone, "right. Nothing going on."

"Kyle, I.." I watched him walk away before I could say anything. I groaned, placing money on the counter before drinking my drink quickly before leaving. I walked back to the apartment, stopping at Tommy's door. I knocked, mumbling under my breath, "please be alone." I was happy when he answered, letting me in. "I'm sorry. Can I sleep here with you?"

Tommy nodded, "of course you can."

I followed him to his bedroom as I removed my shoes, crawling into bed with him. "Thank you Tommy."

"You're always welcomed here Val."

I felt him put his arm up as I laid my head on his chest, falling asleep quickly.

*****************************************************************

I woke up in the morning remembering where I was and wishing I was waking up next to Chris. I sighed, seeing Tommy stir, looking down at me.

"Want to talk about it Val?"

I shrugged, running my fingers mindlessly along his chest, "talk about what?"

He chuckled, rolling over to pin her under him, "come on. We've been friends for years Val. And you may not want to date me, but we're still friends. And we can talk. Even if it's about a guy."

I shook my head, "I don't want to talk Tommy." I heard him moan softly as I pulled his lips to mine. I felt him kiss me back at first before pulling away, sighing.

He sat up on the bed, "I told you. We're friends. But you can't use me to forget about whatever, or whoever, you're upset about. I'm sorry Val."

I groaned, sitting up next to him, "no. You're right. I'm sorry Tommy." I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder, "you're right. It is a guy. I slept with someone I shouldn't have."

He rested his head on hers, "and why shouldn't you have?"

I groaned, lifting my head as I looked at him. I hesitated, "I slept with a teacher Tommy."

"What?! You?!"

I watched him leap up from the bed, feeling slightly offended, "what do you mean by that? As if I'm not good enough?"

He groaned, "no. Of course that isn't what I meant. I meant you're far too good for that. He isn't married is he?"

I shook my head, "no! I wouldn't do that Tommy." I stood up from the bed as he shrugged.

"I also didn't think you would ever sleep with a teacher either!"

I groaned again, "Tommy. I met him before I knew he was going to be my teacher."

He sighed, holding his arms out to her as he felt her bury her head in his chest, "he didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No." I sighed, "well. Yes. But it's fine." I looked up at him, "please don't tell anyone. Especially Anna."

He shook his head, "I won't Val. It was Evans wasn't it? I saw the way you looked at each other on our date."

I groaned, not answering.

He sighed, "oh Val. I promise I won't say anything. But you're almost done. Promise me you won't let it affect you finishing."

I nodded, "I promise Tommy."