Chapter 26

I looked out into the audience as I walked across the stage to get my diploma to see my father standing and smiling. I looked towards the teachers to see Chris beaming. I was one of the last ones called. As they finished, I found Chris. He wasted no time in wrapping his arms around me, lifting me up as he crashed his lips into mine. I moaned before he set me down and I looked to see people watching us. "Chris."

He laughed at her blushing, "you're no longer a student and I'm no longer a teacher here. We're fine. I love you. I don't care who knows."

I nodded, "me either."

Dave cleared his throat as he walked up behind them, "I'm so proud of you little one."

I turned around as I felt him hug me, "thanks daddy."

He smiled, setting her down, "come on. I'll buy both you guys dinner."

As we sat for dinner I watched my father pull a box out of his pocket, sliding it across the table to me. "What is this?"

He shrugged, "a graduation gift. Just open it." He looked at Chris, "she has never accepted gifts well."

Chris laughed, "I've noticed."

I rolled my eyes, "shut up." I opened the box to find a silver bracelet with a little heart pendant with my mother's initials: MW. I looked up at my dad, "aww daddy. Thank you."

He smiled as he watched her put it on, "it was your mother's. She wore it all the time. I thought it would be a little part of her you could keep with you."

I nodded, trying not to let my own tears betray me as I kissed him on the cheek, "thank you."

He pulled out an envelope, "this is for you too."

I sighed, opening the envelope to find a card and a check. I groaned, "daddy. I don't want your money."

He shrugged, "it can help get you started in New York."

I shook my head, "I don't want it. I told you I wanted to do it by myself. I got an advance for my book already. That will be enough to pay for an apartment. I don't need or want your money."

Dave sighed, "fine. Then don't cash it. But it's for you. If you don't use it, I'll save it for your wedding."

I blushed as I looked at Chris who just smirked at me, making me shake my head, "we aren't there yet daddy."

"I know. But you will be. I'm sure."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

*********************************************

"You didn't tell me it was going to be this bar."

I shrugged at Chris, "we are no longer affiliated with the school. What can Kyle say? And besides, it's kind of like a fuck you to him." The bar was having karaoke for the end of the school year, so we decided to meet Tommy and Anna there.

He laughed as he opened the door to the bar to let her in first.

As we entered, we saw Tommy making out with Anna. "Excuse me? Since when?"

They broke apart laughing and Tommy shrugged, "I don't know. Just kind of happened. Is it okay?"

I laughed, "of course it is. I can't imagine anything better." I wrapped my two best friends in a hug before turning to Chris. "So, are you going to sing?"

He shrugged, "if you want me to. Better question is, are you?"

I shrugged, walking up to the bar, "Kyle."

He half smiled as he approached her, "Val. Haven't seen you in a while."

I scoffed, "well yeah, when you try to get my boyfriend fired and me expelled, it sort of puts a quell on our friendship."

He sighed, pouring her a drink, "I'm sorry Valerie. I was mad you used me."

I drank the whisky, setting the glass back down. I went to deny what he said, but a part of me knew he was right. I sighed, "I'm sorry too, Kyle." I turned back to Chris, "okay. Ready?"

He looked confused at Tommy and Anna as they sat down, watching Valerie walk up to the stage as music began to play.

I watched Chris squirming in his seat as I sang.

🎵 I got this habit and I just can't stop
Every time I look at you
Your clothes are coming off
And when we're talking, my mind is somewhere else
Back at my apartment, you and me, and no one else
I'm having visions, it's like I can see right through
I've got a feeling, you know what I wanna do
I'm just gonna say it
And I don't know how you'll take it
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
My imagination got me losing concentration
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
Always, always
I think about
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
My mind is crazy
Playing tricks on me
And everyone around us don't see what I see
In a crowded bar or a restaurant
Everybody doesn't know that you've got nothing on
I'm having visions, it's like I can see right through
I've got a feeling, you know what I wanna do
I'm just gonna say it
And I don't know how you'll take it
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
My imagination got me losing concentration
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
Always, always
I think about
Always
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
Too many days I think about it
Too many nights I've spent without it
I need a way to get things started
Get you out of my head
And get you in my arms, yeah
I'm just gonna say it
And I don't know how you'll take it
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
My imagination got me losing concentration
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
Always, always
I think about
Always
I think about you naked when I'm looking at you
🎵

I watched him stand up as I approached him. I squealed as I felt him lift me up to him, his lips aggressively on mine. I heard woos around us as he set me back on the ground.

He leaned down to her ear, "you're sleeping with me tonight."

I only nodded as I blushed.