Chapter 16

As I entered the classroom early on Friday, I heard my phone ringing. I set my stuff on my desk, smiling at Chris to see him watching me as I looked at my phone. I held it up, "it's my dad. I'm gonna answer it in the hall."

Chris only smiled and nodded as he watched her leave the room.

"Daddy? I have a class that's about to start. What's up?"

'Pumpkin! I'm sorry. We just haven't talked in a while, and I wanted to check in. I was thinking about coming for a visit in the next few weeks. Is that okay?'

I laughed, "daddy, of course that's okay. Will it just be you or are you bringing Karen?" Karen was my stepmother who never seemed quite fond of me or of the fact my father paid for my school and bills while I finished college. I heard him hesitate as I groaned.

'I'm sorry sweetie. I promised her we would go to LA after visiting you. And we're bringing Alice too.'

I sighed, "fine. It's fine. It'll be nice to see you."

'Good! Will we be meeting any boys while we are there?'

I looked up to see Chris leaning on the doorframe, watching me, "I'm sure I don't know what you mean. There are no boys." I locked eyes with Chris as I saw him smirk at me.

'Come on Valerie, you're not dating anyone?'

I sighed, "there might be one. Not sure I'm ready for him to meet you though." I saw Chris shake his head, making me laugh. "I have to go daddy. I have class. I'll talk to you later. Let me know when you decide to come."

'Okay. Okay. Later pumpkin.'

I laughed at Chris, "you don't honestly think I want him meeting you, do you?" I heard him laugh as I brushed past him to my seat. I pulled out my phone, messaging Chris. >Maybe I can get Tommy to stand in as my boyfriend when my dad is here.< I heard him growl softly as he read the message, making me laugh.

>You really don't enjoy making it easy. Are you coming over tonight?<

I looked up to see him watching me. >I'm thinking about it.< I heard him sigh and watched him shake his head.

>No. You're coming over tonight. I expect you by 6. Let yourself in.< He looked at her to see her blush and smile before putting her phone away.

I saw him looking at me as I only nodded my agreement.

*************************************************

I packed a small bag to stay at Chris's house for the weekend, letting myself into his house just before 6. I removed my shoes and jackets, "Chris?"

"Kitchen!"

I could smell food as I entered the kitchen, seeing him standing, cooking. I wrapped my arms around his torso from behind, "are you cooking for me?"

He grabbed her hand, turning to face her, "I am. Is that okay?"

I smiled, nodding as I wrapped my arms around his neck, crashing my lips into his. I was quickly moaning as he pushed me up against the counter and I felt him hard against me before he pulled away. I groaned.

He laughed, "you're going to make me burn dinner."

I sat at the counter, watching him, "you still owe me a punishment." I watched him turn back to me, raising one eyebrow as I felt shockwaves through my whole body.

"Oh. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten. We'll get there. I have you all weekend, yes?"

I nodded, smirking, "you do. Sir." I giggled as I heard him moan softly, turning back to the food. I watched him plate and set food in front of me along with a glass of wine. "This is amazing Chris. Thank you. No guy has ever made me dinner before."

He smiled, "well, first of many. I hope."

I looked up at him, "don't tease me Chris."

He shook his head, "I'm definitely not. I don't want to play games Val." He hesitated, "except the ones we play in the bedroom."

I laughed, blushing, "me either."

He nodded, "good. I wanted you to stay all weekend so we could get to know each other better. Outside of the bedroom." He brought his hand up to her cheek, parting her lips with his thumb, "I think we know each other rather well there already."

I nodded, "I think so."

He pulled away back to his food. "Good. So, no more dates of any kind with other guys. And no women I only want you Val. We have to be careful about going out on dates, but we'll work something out. I will work something out. Okay?"

I watched him for a minute, "okay. So what are you saying?"

He smiled, looking at her, "that you're my girlfriend Valerie. If you want to be."

I nodded, "I do." I pulled his lips back to mine, almost making him fall from the stool. I laughed as I pulled away.

He laughed, "ok then. So, I don't really know that much about you Val. Where are you from? Your family."

I sighed, "I'm from New York. My father lives there with my stepmother and half-sister who is 17."

He nodded, "and your mom?"

"She died in childbirth with me. It was my dad and me until he met Karen when I was 5."

"Oh. Valerie. I'm sorry." He reached over and grabbed her hand as she avoided his gaze.

"It's fine. Can't miss someone you never knew, can you?" I felt him move his hand to my back as I felt my eyes welling, "and you? Are you from here?"

He sighed, "no. I'm from Boston. My family all still lives out there. I have two sisters and a brother. And my parents. They all still live out there. I moved out here for school, met Helen and stayed I guess."

"Do you ever think about moving back?"

He nodded, "sure. I'd love to. But my girls are here and I wouldn't leave them." He paused for a moment before looking at her, "and you? Going to stay here?"

I shook my head, "I planned on moving back to New York when I finish school Chris. I um," I pulled out my phone. "I'm hoping to be hired by the New Yorker." I handed him my phone, "I've been free lancing for them already."

"What?!" Chris read through the articles, "that's amazing Val. I had no idea."

I blushed, taking my phone back. "Yeah. I'm hoping that they hire me full time when I graduate. But we'll see."

He nodded, "it's fine. We'll figure it out. That's still months away Val. I haven't told anyone yet, but I've been talking to Harvard about possibly accepting a position in Boston next fall. I still have to talk to Helen though. And like I said, I don't want to leave the girls."

"Do you think Helen would transfer for you? What does she do?"

He sighed, "she's an attorney. And I don't know. She's pretty serious about this guy she's dating. So I'm not sure."

I nodded, "well, if you did move to Boston, we wouldn't be that far from each other."

He smiled, nodding, "I know. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here Val. We still have to get through these few months first."

I nodded, sighing. "I know."