𝐎𝐍𝐄 UNKNOWN CALLER

𝙫𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰

Living in the town of Markova had its positives and negatives. Positive; the people were welcoming, especially to Tara, considering she is a member of the royal Markov family, but she wasn't about that life, the young teen just wanted to attend high school and live a semi-normal in the small apartment with her favourite person who happened to be her cousin, Maeve. A con; it wasn't home, at least not for Maeve

When the two first arrived they lived with Tara's brother and his family for about a month until Maeve was able to get a job as a waitress at a little café that was quite popular, especially for tourists, and she was about to buy a place for them. Tara started attended high school and Maeve worked, she made some friends, practiced her powers, she enjoyed the peace, but she was still incredibly home sick. Tara was able to adapt and after a couple week in her new school got a girlfriend and had so many friends, Maeve on the other hand wasn't so quick, she missed it all, she missed the Titans, she missed helping people and most of all she missed Garfield.

The brunette with blonde streaks throughout her hair walked around with a smile, greeting the regulars in Russian and tourists in English, probably the biggest help when she was acquiring about the job. "Are you coming out tonight Maeve?" Polina, her colleague, asked. Said young woman sighed while wiping down the counter. "I don't know Polina." "Oh, come on. You never come out anymore." She stated in English with a thick accent. "I miss America." The beautiful Russian scoffed and rolled her eyes, cursing under her breath in Russian. "America. Russia is so much better. The Legal drinking age is 16." Maeve smiled towards her. "It's 18, Pol." "That's just your inner American talking." Maeve laughed brightly, shaking her head. Polina was her closets friend in the town, she always knew how to have a good time and she was incredibly beautiful, thick curly brown hair and beautiful olive skin with bright green eyes.

Maeve's phone that was in her pocket vibrated and her laughter died down while she reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone, seeing the unknown caller id tag. "I'm going to take this. Could be Tara" "Okay." Polina smiled, and Maeve walked through the café and stood outside, meeting the brisk cold air, her breath seen once it left her lips.

Answering the phone. "Hello." The other side was quiet for a short moment before a voice spoke that made her entire world stop, "Maeve." "Dick!" She exclaimed in English causing people to look to her in surprise at her sudden loud voice and cursing, not knowing she was talking about a person. "What the-how the-" "Jason is dead." Those words instantly triggered tears to build in her eyes. "Wha-" "The Joker... He killed Jason... I just thought you should k-" She hung up and held the phone in her hand while tears left her eyes and she sank to the sidewalk, unknowing to her, the skin on her hands began to glow a familiar yellow aura and it moved slowly up her arms, going past her elbows and up her biceps and once her entire body was glowing yellow, she let out a scream of bloody murder, gripping her phone in one hand, crushing it.