𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 RACHEL

VASTLY

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

The two friends were in the arcade – Scooters, a place Maeve gets dragged to a lot, but she didn't mind, she loved playing 2 player games with Garfield mainly because she always won, and Garfield hated that. Garfield and Maeve were currently playing a shooting game where they would shoot zombies in a house. "Die!" Maeve yelled, shooting two other zombies in the head, Garfield tried to get her to miss by pushing her gun, around while shooting his own. "Stop touching my gun!" She yelled, slapping his gun down causing him to miss – putting her in front by three kills. "Me! Never." The green haired 18-year-old said innocently. "3, 2, 1!" The game said in it's robotic voice, "game over... Player 2! You kill." The game yelled causing Maeve to smile looking to Garfield. "Oh! Who won again? I won again." She begins doing her little victor dance with the gun, causing Garfield to roll his eyes a cheeky smile on his lips.

While Maeve was doing her dance, a purple haired girl caught her attention, she was playing at the pin ball machine by herself, Maeve stopped her dance slowly, continuing to look at the girl. Tilting her head. "Who's that?" She nods her head to the girl, they came to Scooters nearly every day and they knew everyone who worked or came here; Garfield was very social.

The green haired girl looked over his shoulder to the purple haired girl. "Let's go ask." Garfield said, looking back to Mae, who scrunched her face up. "Come on." He began dragging the girl, who wore yellow ripped jeans, black crop top and her animal bracelet Garfield got her for Christmas; which of course had a tiger on it, and her hair in two French braids going down her head, ending mid back.

The two reach the girl who was playing the pin ball machine Twilight Zone. Garfield had his drink in one hand, his other hand behind Mae making sure she didn't run off. "Hitchhiker!" The voice yelled. "Hitchhiker lane, nice." Garfield attempted to start a conversation, slowly letting go of Maeve, who stayed by his side. Watching as the pin ball hit everything. "Go for the camera sinkhole." Maeve said, ignoring her nerves. She glanced up the purple haired girl and smiled. "Score multiplying!" The voice yelled once again.

"I'm Gar." "I'm Rachel." They unison, a bang of jealousy hit Maeve. "This is Maeve." Garfield introduced his blonde-haired best friend. "I like your hair." "Your hair's cool." They said together once again causing Maeve to roll her eyes. "Look out!" Garfield yelled, pointing to the game. "Mutiball!" The three yelled together, Rachel jumping up and down in excitement once her excitement calmed down and the game ended, Rachel signed looking to the older teens.