𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 BONDING

VASTLY

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

While Rachel cooked eggs, Maeve sat on the countertop reading through a comic she found in the bathroom: The Adventures of Garfield and Odin. Rachel continued to hum a tune indicating she was in a good mood causing Maeve to smile. "I see that." Rachel mumbled, smiling herself as she caught the side glance from Maeve, which resulted in the blonde to smile. "What? I'm just happy, your happy." The blonde replied, looking over to the cooking teen who began tuning out the world once again, Maeve hears a loud yawn indicating Garfield Logan was awake.

"Rach?" He questioned, scaring the girl. "You scared the shit out of me." She replied while Maeve went back to her comic. "That's a dollar for the swear jar." She mumbled flicking to the next page. "There's irony here." Garfield said, ignoring Maeve's comment, smiling about it none the less. "Your aware, it's like super early... Maeve, I expect this from." He said, lazily pointing to the blonde.

"Yeah. I wanted to make breakfast and Maeve was already awake, so here we are." She mumbled gesturing around her. "I'll make the coffee." He replied walking to the pot, as he walked passed Maeve, she held her yellow bumble bee cup out not taking her eyes of the comic. "Are you seriously reading Garfield?" She felt the cup leave her hand. She smirked looking towards Garfield. "Would you rather me read Hello Kitty?" She said, her smirk widening, the boy gave her a playful glare to which she replied by blowing raspberries at him.

He places her cup on the counter as he begins getting the supplies to make a new pot of coffee. "So, Dick and Kory." Maeve's face cringed, recalling last night. "I know. Don't say it." Rachel replied. "You knew?" Garfield asked. "God, you're oblivious." Maeve grumbled under her breath. "Please." Rachel replied. "Gross." Garfield said.

"Do you think it's like thinking about your parents." This sentence caused an alarming look to appear on Maeve's face. "I wouldn't know." Rachel replied. "That's disgusting. Why could you think about that?" Maeve asked as she closed the comic, placing her hands on either side of her legs. "I don't know. Hasn't the thought ever just appeared in your brain?" He asked, placing the coffee in the pot while Rachels mom walked in.

"No!" Maeve shrieked. "Well that's un.." Maeve pointed her finger at Garfield wide eyed, causing him to look at her like a deer in the head lights. "Kids, play nice." Rachels mom said, a playful smile on her lips. "She started it." He grumbled under his breath. "I will throw a bolder at you." She threatened, narrowing her eyes. "You'll never see Kitty again." He replied, knowing he had her and that she loved his tiger form. She gasped, her mouth falling open.