𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 NIGHTWING

VASTLY

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Maeve walked out of the bathroom, her hair still very much wet, wearing clean clothes – blue jeans and a yellow sweater. Her arms crossed over her chest as her bare feet softly slapped against the floor, she walked into the kitchen seeing everyone standing around the kitchen island. "Jericho is alive? Don't tell me Dick actually said that?" Donna said. Maeve saw them all and she decided to stay where they couldn't see her, at least for now. "Well more like scrawled it on the wall of his cell, like caveman style." "I don't even know what that's suppose to mean." "It's a style Neanderthals used to depict images in cave walls, usually battle scenes, hunting or storytelling." Tara explained "I meant that Jericho's alive." "Oh, right, that makes more sense." She mumbled.

"Well, one things for sure. He's clearly lost his mind." Donna stated. "But I keep having these dreams about Dick being killed by Deathstoke. And they're not going away. We need to do something about that." Rachel said, she was currently sat on the kitchen island, her legs crossed on the table. "I believe you, but we have bigger problems right now." Maeve saw Donna flip something, but she couldn't see so she came out of the shadows, her feet softly slapping against the ground caused Rachel to glance towards her. "Maeve!" The younger teen smiled towards her, everyone looked to her, now blood free. "What are you talking about?" She asked, walking into the kitchen hoping to see, seeing now it's a tablet with blueprints. "A plan." Rachel looked to Kory who sighed and began telling everyone the plan.

"Okay, what about the lab?" "Whole different story. It's a 24-hour operation and in the last week they've doubled up the guard." "It would be triple now." Maeve stated, they looked to her.

Maeve sighed, "Garfield, Conner and Krypto didn't break out with me, I broke out. I tried to look for them, but none of them were there, now they've either moved them, which I highly doubt it or they've up security... again." "Oh great. So we're just going to break into Cadmus and get Conner and Gar out of there just the five of us." Rachel said, Maeve frowned her eyebrows. "Six." She stated. "Six of us." Rachel corrected. "We don't have a choice right now, okay, but between you, Kory and the blonde cousins we have plenty of firepower at least to get us through the front door."

"About that. I've got some bad news. My powers have vanished." Kory stated. "What?" Dawns voice broke. "What do you mean?" "I don't know. I don't know what happened. But they're gone and I haven't been able to get them back." "Well that's fucking great, um okay, what about you." "Fully loaded, but I can't promise that I wont go a little overboard, um things have been getting... dramatic." Donna looked to Maeve and Tara. "We're good, I just can't promise that we wont bring the building down though... our powers are not the easiest to control. " Tara spoke for Maeve and herself and she was right.