𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 RECONNECT

VASTLY

a/n: crackship by me 

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Everyone, including Maeve stood in the tech room, Maeve was seated on Garfield's lap while he kept his arms around her, keeping her in place. "That's Roses father?" Rachel questioned as they looked at the pictures of Rose and Slade. "And my cousins mentor." She pressed a few buttons, bringing up a photo of Tara. "The one and only Deathstroke." "Is that somebody you know?" Rachel asked. "Kind of. Old titans business."

Garfield moved his hands, so they were on the screen and he began typing away. "Check it. Former delta force commando. Part of H.I.V.E. – select soldiers who went under a series of experiments bio-enhancements. Out of the 35 trial subjects, the only one to survive was Slade Wilson. Interpol says he retired years ago after the death of his son Jericho. I tried having the computer find..." I'll take it from here." Dick leaned over and pulled the switch for the monitors, causing everyone to look at him questionably.

"Security alert. Main entrance. Access denied." The female A.I. voice said, Maeve had named her Julie. Dick sighed and leaned over to press the main entrance security system. "So I guess you changed the code." Rachel laughed as she saw; Donna, Hank and Dawn. "Finally." The blonde could tell Rachel was missing Kory, and girl interaction, sure Maeve was a girl and they occasionally talked, but Maeve was almost always with Garfield, in her own world, practicing her abilities or even hanging out with Jason – they had to make dinner for everyone once, never again, they walked out of the kitchen covered head to toe in flour and food, they pointed to each other and said 'she/he did it'.

Maeve moved off of Garfield and began to follow Rachel as she was about to catch up, she was picked up causing her to scream and laugh as she noticed the familiar green hair, he began to carry her bridal style. "Can you put me down now please?" She asked, he listened and placed her down. "So, how are you feeling about your cousin?" Maeve made an uncomfortable noise. "Come on, you can tell me." She glanced towards the guy she loved, sighing. "I'm pissed and happy... I'm pissed because she left me without saying goodbye and it turns out she was getting trained and raised by a psychopath. But on the other hand, I'm happy because I missed her. She was the only one of my cousins that was closest to my age, Gregor was in his early 20s and Brian was only 17, then their farther requested their ordinance and had to take them back to Markova, at least that's what my grandfather told me." Garfield listened to what she had to say, and he had a reply almost instantly. "Who knows, maybe you'll both reconnect again?"