𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 TRAIN RIDES

VASTLY

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Maeve, Kory and Garfield decided to wait back while Rachel and her mother went to go find seats. Maeve was sitting next to the window with Garfield on her other side and Kory in front of them. Maeve wasn't feeling the best she had a bit of a fever, which really confused her, since she never been sick, not even in the flu seasons. Thinking that resting her head against the cold glass of the window might bring down the heat that was radiating off her skin, helped. Her eyes were closed embracing the cold. "How you feeling?" The teen opened her eyes glaring to the adult. Lifting her head off the glass and grabbing the water that was on the table in between the booth seats. "Like shit." She replied earning a worried glance from Garfield who was reading through a menu. Kory sighed, leaning forward, placing the back of her hand on the blonde forehead. "You defiantly have a fever."

"No shit." The girl mumbled. "What did those doctors inject you with?" After Kory removed her hand the young adult shook her head. "I don't know, I was a little busy screaming." Maeve mumbled, placing her head back on the window.

"No sugar added, vegan vanilla pudding. Designed to appeal to those seeking a gluten free low-calorie dessert" Garfield said attempting to change the conversation since he wanted to take his mind off the thought that something might be wrong with Maeve. "Sounds healthy." He ended. "Sounds disgusting." Kory added, "I'll be right back." She said as she stood up.

Maeve groaned as she got slapped with a giant migraine. Pushing herself off the window onto Garfield shoulder who wasn't even phased. "Is this what being sick feels like?" She mumbled as she glanced up at Garfield who moved his head so he could look down at her. "Well, you look sick so I'm assuming yeah... sucks doesn't it." He replied. "You still look amazing." He mumbled; Maeve smiled when she saw his lying tell. "Liar." She grumbled looking back to the menu. "What no." She pointed to her nose. "Your nostril's flare when you lie." She said chuckling to herself Garfield touched his nose, frowning his eyebrows.

Garfield's phone buzzed causing him to revive it. Kory came back with two shots, placing them on the small table. "Rach just texted. She and Angela got seats up front, let's go." Garfield said after he pulled out the phone from his jacket pocket, getting ready to help Maeve up by wrapping his arm around her, Maeve groaned at the movement. "Let's not." Kory said. "You know this whole train thing sounded way funnier this morning." "Those two need some time alone, don't you think" There was a silence coming over them. "Wanna play a game?" Garfield asked. "Play with your phone." Kory replied. "Sweet."