𝐓𝐄𝐍 NEED MORE SLEEP

VASTLY

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

Maeve did not sleep at all last night and that was not good for her she already had enough trouble controlling her abilities when she is fully rested, so she cannot use her earth manipulating ability at all today even if it's a pebble, because something bad could happen.

"I have to go in alone." Rachel snapped to Dick, everyone stood around the table. Maeve had her head resting in the crease of her elbow, hiding her face from the world and the sun light, that she was extra sensitive to.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Dick said as he paced. "Why? 'Cause, I cant take care of myself." Maeve groaned, "Inside voices." She mumbled causing Kory to place her hand on the blonde's head, patting her in comfort, her long nails occasionally massaging her sculp and it calmed her down instantly. "That's not the point." Dick commented. "I need to find out who he is!" Rachel yelled loudly, and Maeve involuntarily moved the sofa that had marble stands supporting it and it caused a loud shifting noise to echo through the apartment. Everyone stops talking and they look to the sofa that had shifted, averting their gazes to Maeve who was still getting her head rubbed by the magenta haired lady.

Rachel signed, "why is he chasing me?" She said in a lower voice. "I don't trust him." Dick grumbled. "Whats not to trust. The man's tied up. One word from Rachel and I'll put my foot through his face." Kory said. "Dick, please." Rachel sighed, there was a brief pause. "5 minutes." Dick replied. "Thank you." She said, the thumping of her boots echoed though the apartment.

Maeve shoots up from her head down state, her eyes are wide as she looks around. "What did I miss? How long was I out? Who died?" She said, her hair very messy from her long night of no sleeping. "You didn't miss anything." Garfield answered her, chuckling. "And you started snoring a little when I began playing with your hair." Maeve nodded her head, "yeah, that happens." She mumbled. Standing from her chair. "I need to shower." She grumbled walking away. "Did anyone tell her?" Dick asked. "Oh, she knows. She found him last night... then she found a hidden room with a shower in it last night, there was all this high-tech stuff as well." Garfield said excitement laced in his voice. "Sounds like Bruce." Dick mumbled to himself.

⛧彡

After her shower and getting dressed into plain blue skinny jeans and a yellow knitted sweater, a black singlet underneath. She walked out of the room she had her stuff in, walking into the living room seeing Rachel and Garfield watching some cartoons: The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack, a very twisted kids show, but yet it was enjoyable to watch. Mae placed herself next to Garfield pulling her knees up to her chest as she watched the cartoon.