𝐎𝐍𝐄 POWER

VASTLY

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙂𝙊
2 𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘚 𝘈𝘎𝘖

Maeve Weaver and Garfield Logan had been best friends since the 2nd, Maeve was the new girl from a far away place. She moved to America to live with her grandfather, Steven, after her parents died. He was a nice man, always kind to the blonde-haired girl while she grew up, but he was doing the best he could, she knew, but she currently wasn't in America, she was in Congo with her best friend, cupping his hand while hot tears went down her face. 

"You're going to be okay." She mumbled, bring his hand to her mouth, kissing it in comfort, the sickness he had was killing him, she no longer cared that they were in a different country or that he would still be mourning the death of his parents, all she cared about was the Logan boy.

He gave her a weak smile. "You're so optimistic." He mumbled as the doctors rushed in, all yelling in French, a language neither could understand well. "No. I'm hopeful." She replied. She had not left his side since she had arrived – she didn't care for her own health, since it was never a problem; her immune system was as strong as stone – she hasn't been sick since she was 4 when her 'problem' began.

He smiled once again; the doctors continued to yell in French as another dead body was brought in. Maeve gave the pore soul a single glance, turning her head to look away – not wanting to see what could possibly be the outcome of her best friend.

As the yelling of the French became more frantic as they gathered their equipment, Maeve frowned her eyebrows together. "Where are you going?" She asked, looking around watching as people past by the two in a manic state. They all continued to pack up franticly. "What's going on?" Garfield asked, Maeve placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'll go ask." She said standing from the stool she had been on for days, walking over to a hazard mat suited woman. "Excuse me, what's going on?" She asked in French, her French sounded terrible, but the time she had been here she had picked up a few words.

The person looked at her with wide eyes, yelling at her in French before grabbing her arm tightly. "Ow, you're hurting me." She said as the person dragged her out of the tent, she could hear Garfield yelling as a herd of people exited the tent. "Let go!" She snapped, attempting to pull the hand of the woman off her. Once free with struggle, she tries to push against the crowd of people with much difficultly before she is in the clear. She paused for a moment to regain herself from the stampede. She hears a scream and that causes her to run in to the tent.

Seeing a man in a hazard mats suit, she growled. Opening her hands at her sides as her hands begin to produce a yellow glow coming from within her skin, her eyes shining a yellow hue. "You better step the fuck back." She snarled as little pebbles around her began rising from the ground, her hair beginning to levitate off her shoulders and into the air. The person in the suit looked to her as he pulled out the needle that was in her best friends' neck out, her eyes flick to Garfield as he screams in agony. 

She looks back to the man, grinding her teeth as she bared them. "You are astonishing." The man replied taking off the helmet of the suit, she could now see his face which was old, wrinkled and beared. He was looking at her in awe, no fear shown in his eyes which was a something that came rarely, the only other person to not be scared by her abilities was Garfield, he just found them very cool and her grandfather who told her it was generic.

"What?" She asked, the yellow hue coming from her eye's dissipate until her blue were clearly seen, the same with her hands, all previous pebbles were back on the ground. "Your capabilities are very unique and powerful.... I think with the right help; you could be in full control." She looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Be able to be... do anything." As she was about to speak, Garfield woke up, gasping. Instead of his normal skin, she saw green, wide eyed watching as the green soon faded away returning his normal skin, his normal black hair had small amounts of green at his roots.

She continued to look at the boy wide eyed. "Garfield?" She questioned, stepping forward slowly, the boy that was now sitting up, he looked at her wide eyed. "My skin was green? It wasn't just me that saw that... right?" He asked, looking at her with concern in his expression. She laughed, happy tears falling down her cheeks as her friend no longer seemed sick. She brought her hands to cup her mouth as she let out a choked sob.

Her feet have never carried her faster as she ran to Garfield, tackling him into the bed, pinning him down as she saddled him, but that didn't seem to bother Maeve or, the boy. The man that had fixed the boy smiled at the scene, a warm feeling in his heart. "Oh my god! You're okay." She said, leaning up, pulling him with her by the face as she examines him. "Well... I feel okay." He added. His eyes flickering to the man that had injected him with an unknown substance. "What did you do?" He asked looking over Maeve's shoulder, the teen girl turned her body to look at the man as well. "I fixed you." He replied.

"Why?" Maeve asked, pushing herself off of the boy, standing in front of the taller adult attempting to intimidate him which did nothing to him. "Because: he did not deserve to die." He replied casually receiving strange looks from both teens.

I HAD A LOOK AND THERE IS NO GARFIELD LOGAN FANFICTION WTF

so im gonna make one