𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 HE'S DYING

VASTLY

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Maeve sat on a surprisingly comfortable bed, her legs stretched out and crossed at her ankles, reading. The blonde was reading, a thing she rarely did due to her never able find the time, but when she could, she would read – before the green haired boy fell asleep, she was reading to him. He was now asleep on her lap, one of his arms were wrapped around her lower back, the other thrown over her thighs lazily, his head currently using her thigh as a pillow. One hand was holding the spine of the book as she read quietly to herself, her other hand weaved into Garfield's hair, soothing his slumber and upset stomach. Using her thumb to turn the page without having to remove her hand from within the green hair, beginning to read the next page.

The door squeaked open causing the blue eyes to snap towards the door, ready for an attack but instead revealing Angela who leaned against the door frame, the yellow glow from her eyes demolished leaving her piercing blue one, giving the mother a kind smile. "Hi." Maeve whispered loudly. "Hi." the woman replied, a small smile on her mouth. The mother looked back upon hearing her daughter, turning around, "Can you close the door?" She asked, not wanting them to wake the shapeshifter, Angela nodded her head closing the door slowly until it clicked closed.

Maeve closed her book and placed it on the night stand, slowly sliding down until she was lying down completely, since Garfield's arm was still under her, Garfield groaned a little, moving his arm around until it was under her neck, pulling her closer to him, her head pushed into his neck, she smiled giving his neck a sweet and soft kiss, his arms tightening around her as if she would disappear at any moment, protecting her from any and all harm that may come her way. Maeve's arms were pulled close to her chest, finding it comfortable she leaves them there, closing her eyes as she attempts to drift off to a well needed sleep.

⛧彡

Garfield woke up in a coughing fit, sitting up, waking up Maeve who was fast asleep, her eyes still a little bit shut, she rubs her hand on his back stilling lying down on her stomach trying to go back to sleep and attempting to sooth his coughing fit at the same time. "You okay?" She mumbled; her voice horsey. Once he finished coughing, "Yeah, I'm just going to wash my face." He replied sliding off the bed, Maeve hummed her reply letting sleep take over, but that didn't last long when she heard groaning, shutting her eyes tighter waiting for the groaning to stop and it did, instead replaced with a thud waking her up in surprise, she slid out of the bed and slowly walked to the bathroom finding Garfield on the bathroom floor shaking on his side, she gasped running towards him