𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 SLEEP KIDNAPPING

𝙫𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

Death was inevitable, it was harsh but true, you can't outrun death, Death is like water during a tsunami; sudden, unpredictable, messy, and always led to people being hurt, physically or emotionally, whether they were caught in the crossfire or losing a loved one.

In movies it was never the death of your favourite character that made you cry, but the reaction their loved ones had, the sorrow, the anger, the hate, the screams of a mother who just lost her only child, that's what made viewers cry, but in all of that Death was still a major bitch because it's always people who never deserve to go, that do.

The Wayne Major was quiet, painfully quiet, Garfield was trying to distract himself by making pizza, trying to brighten his and everyone else's spirts with food, because that's the kind of person he was. Maeve sat on a stool, he back hunched over as she rested her head on her folded arms that were on the kitchen island. Conner was still viciously scrubbing his arms of the soot that had stained his skin from the explosion. "Take a break" Garfield stated as he walked back into the kitchen holding a bowl of vegetables

"You've been cleaning for hours. Eat something" Conner and Dawn were taking it the hardest. Maeve could tell he was blaming himself; she knew what self-blame looked like, and because she knew that she also knew it wouldn't be easy to make go away. "I can't eat. I failed." He started "Superman never would have failed." Maeve sighed softly. Conner needed to stop trying to fill Superman's unfillable shoes and comparing himself to the alien.

"Don't think like that. We-we did the best we could." "Then why isn't Hank still alive?" He questioned walking towards the island. "Conner, I know this is hard-" "How about you stop the bullshit? Just come out and say it." He started. "If I wasn't a fucked-up half-breed, none of this would have happened." Conner finished. "Don't call yourself that." Maeve said in a stern tone lifting her head up, causing him to roll his eyes. "I'm taking about the Lex part of me... It's like everyone was just waiting for him to take over. So, you can all do your happy dance now. Because Superboy definitely did not save the day" The natural blonde just watched him with empathetic eyes, she watched as his eyes glass over and voice break.

"Don't do this to yourself." Garfield tried to get Conner to stop putting himself down and putting all the blame on himself, but it wasn't working. "Great. Advice from the talking green tiger. Thanks" Maeve was quick to straighten up and defend Garfield, "Maeve." The green haired shapeshifter voiced, and she backed down, slouching in the stool a little. "You're right Conner, you're not Superman." Garfield defended, continuing to cut the vegetables.