𝐓𝐄𝐍 BREAK OUT

VASTLY

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Campus was a place that brought so many nightmares and pain towards Maeve, and to so many others. The place gave nothing, but false hope and broken promises, they held experiments that caused others pain, they did not care about free will when Maeve was strapped to the table as a child nor do they care about that now as she was strapped to yet another table, she hadn't seen Garfield in a few days and she didn't like it one bit, they wouldn't tell her anything and when ever she got out of control, they would shoot a tranquilizer at her knocking her out for hours, leaving her with so much bottled up power, power she could feel scratching to get out, she could feel it as if it were a monster scratching it's long nails against a window and that scared her, the power from within her was going to explode soon; she has always needed to use her powers regularly, she needed to release power, normally she could easily fix it by playing with the small rocks she kept in her room, but they didn't even allow her that small privilege.

She could feel her throat getting burnt red, she knew once this collar was off, she was going to have a scar, she was trying everything to break free, to save Krypto, Garfield and Conner, but right now she couldn't even keep a single thought in her head as vaults of electricity surged through her body. The body monitors stuck on her chest, her sides, and her head, the mouth guard in her mouth protected her teeth from breaking as she bit down on it. The electricity began to stop which left her a panting mess, her hair was a complete mess, due to the sweat and the lack of washing it.

"No abnormal change, move it up to 80." And the power was back on, this time higher and more painful. All she wanted to do was break free and kill every last doctor in the room, she see their blood splatter as she threw a bolder on top of them.

The doctors saw it first, her brain activity spiking, the lines that showed her brain activity moving higher and quicker. "We got it!" They exclaimed out of excitement; they had figured out what voltage triggered her powers. "Um, guys?" Everyone looked to Maeve who looked to be in excruciating pain, her back was arched, her mouth was pressing hard closed and her eyes tightly shut, the yellow glow began to be seen from between her closed eyelids, they watched as it moved up from under her skin appearing on her finder tips first before slowly moving higher and higher, moving past her elbows before it began appearing on her face, moving from her eyes down her cheek and down her neck.

"Sedate her, sedate her. Someone fucking sedate her!" A man exclaimed, a nurse began digging in the metal draws looking for the sedation as they were about to stick the needle into her neck, she ripped her arm out of the metal restraints, as if they weren't even holding her down. She caught his wrist, her eyes snapped now open, the yellow glow, from within her was now on every last bit of skin, leaving her pale skin a glowing ball of yellow. Ripping her other hand out from the metal restrain, she moved the hand to her neck and ripped the collar off while the doctors and nurses cowered away. She let go of the nurse who tried to sedate her previously and began peeling off the monitors as well as taking out the mouth guard.