𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 MORE IMPORTANT

VASTLY

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Maeve stomped outside her lips in a pout, the ground shaking slightly under her feet with each step she took. Once she reached Angela who was talking with a man, she ignored him. "Garfield wont share the packet of chips he found." She whined; Angela smiled. "Is this your daughter?" This caused her to look at the man with a raised eyebrow, her blue eyes staring into his. "No. This is one of her friends." She replied. Maeve's eyes flickered between the two, sensing the awkwardness. "You guys seem busy...." She said, walk backwards, towards the house.

Turning around to walk back into the house and up the stairs seeing Garfield still sitting on the bed with the packet of chips. She walked towards him slowly, his eyes flickered up before doing a double take, staring at her as she walks towards him. She sits next to him on the bed, placing her hand on his bicep, kissing him on the cheek causing his eyes to widen slightly, regaining himself he goes to turn his head to kiss her on the lips once again before she shoots up. "Thanks for the chips." She said walking out of the room, the chips now in her hand, she places one in her mouth walking away. Garfield's mouth was agape, not sure what had just happened. "What was that about?" Rachel asked as she leaned against the door frame. "She stole my chips." He whispered mainly to himself.

⛧彡

The three sat at the table each had a bowl of soup in front of them, Garfield and Maeve were enjoying the liquid food, Garfield looks to Rachel who isn't eating her food, sighing, he places his spoon down. "You gotta eat." He said, causing Maeve to look up from her food bowl. "I'm not hungry." Maeve frowns her eyebrows. "Rachel...." She started "I must have done something to Kory." She said interrupting Maeve, "scrambled her brain or drove her mad, I shouldn't have done it. I only made things worse for her." "Even if you did do something, which I don't think you did. Look, it was an accident." Garfield sighed, "Dick and Wonder Girl are gonna figure it all out, they'll help Kory and bring her back, everything's gonna be fine, okay?" Garfield asked the girl. Rachel was silent for a bit, contemplating about something before she leaned forward, placing her forearms on the table.

"You guys can't stay here." She said causing Maeve to look at her strangely. "What?" Maeve asked, Garfield's expression matching her's. "Everybody I got close to, if they stay around me long enough they get hurt." Garfield scoffs nervously. "That's not true." He said, his voice a little shaky. "Bad things happen to people around me." She said her voice cracking as she attempted to hold her tears back. "Rachel, stop." He goes to place his hand on hers. "Don't touch me!" She screamed, her darker self-coming at him, causing him to straighten up in his seat, Maeve watched with wide eyes. A door creaks open and she begins to cry. "I'm so sorry." She said placing her hand over her eyes.