𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 CONTROL IS OVERRATED

VASTLY

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

After a long drive Dick pulled up to a motel, the minivans breaks squeaking. "I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a minivan." Garfield sighed, still in the middle throughout the ride, he was the pillow for both girls when they fell asleep and when he became tired he chose to lean against Maeve's head that was on his shoulder. "This we can all fit in." Dick replied. "I like the minivan." Kory added.

"Where not actually staying here, are we?" Rachel asked. Maeve leaned over to look out her window. "I've seen worse." She grumbled. "You know there's probably a nicer place down the road." Kory suggested. "Where being hunted by sociopaths, nicer places draw attention." Dick argued, his voice moto-tone. "Yeah, well nicer makes it easier to sleep." She replied. "One road in, same road out. Only one access point we have to watch and also,... it's quiet, if trouble comes our way we should hear it first, and who said anything about sleeping?" Maeve perked up at this, frowning her eyebrows.

"Um... If I don't at least sleep for at least 6 hours, I can't control my powers and I get really moody, and no one likes a moody Maeve." Garfield pointed to her. "She's right. You remember that giant earthquake that happened in Ohio a few years ago." Dick looked over his shoulder to the blonde-haired girl. "That's her running on 2 hours of sleep." He added. "Fine. Maeve you can sleep for 6 hours, then we wake you." She smiled, nodding her head.

They all began to leave the minivan, leaning against the van, waiting for Dick to come back with the room keys. He returned soon after leaving. "They only had 4 room that were next to each other." Maeve shrugged. "I'll share with Garfield." She said plainly, Garfield's eyes widened as he looks to Dick, whose eyes flicker between the two each facial expression different: Garfield's showed that he was nervous or scared maybe both, where Maeve's was emotionless. Garfield was nervous because she always made him feel awkward – she was a person who cuddled a lot in her sleep and she always had to be the big spoon and her sleep grip was stronger then any superhuman, he always had to wait for her to move so he could escape. "Yeah, okay." Dick grumbled, placing the key in Maeve's outstretched hand.

⛧彡

Everyone stood in Dick's room; Rachel was sitting cross legged on the bed facing Dick, Maeve sitting with her legs pulled up on a chair that was at the table, Garfield eating the pizza Dick bought back not long-ago and Kory leaning against the wall next to the standing Dick Grayson. "Alright guys listen up. We're all in one piece, more or less. We need to figure out where we stand and determine what's mission critical." He stated. "Mission critical?" Rachel asked with a mouth filled with pizza. Garfield moved the box towards Maeve, who grabbed a piece of the pizza.