𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ON THE RUN

VASTLY

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Garfield nor Maeve had spoken about what happened in the bathroom, for one Garfield was slightly intoxicated and two it wasn't the right place nor time. Garfield was currently infatuated with his hands while Maeve fogged up the window with the open mouth breaths before she wrote or drew something on the window, it slowly disappearing not long after it was drawn. "Am I supposed to feel numb?" He asked. "How many have you had?" Kory asked. "Just one." He replied causing both Maeve and Kory to chuckle. "You should probably quit now." Kory said.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have an obstruction on the track about a mile ahead, once we get that cleared, we'll be back on our way. Sorry about the inconvenience." The voice over the intercom said, the lights began to flicker on and off causing almost everyone to look up at them in confusion including Maeve who was putting her window doodling on hold.

"What's wrong?" Garfield asked catching Maeve's attention, that was now on Kory who held a slight panic look on her face. Looking towards both teens before shaking her head, leaning back in her chair. "Probably just being paranoid." She replied. "Paranoid is good. Paranoid keeps everyone safe." Maeve mumbled returning back to her window drawing. "She speaks." Kory said, a small smirk on her lips. Maeve rolled her eyes, but Kory did have a point, she hadn't spoken since the bathroom. She noticed the side glance she received from Garfield, causing her to return the side glance, poking her tongue out playfully trying to break the awkward tension that had now built up between the two, a small smile broken upon his face.

⛧彡

"We'll be stopping briefly and resuming out trip in a few minutes." The man over the intercom said. The screeching of the breaks coming to a stop followed the announcement. Kory looked at the two, Maeve currently lying on top of Garfield's side, one arm under her head while the other was draped over his stomach. "Wake up!" Kory shoved Garfield causing him to gasp awake, Maeve following. "Who died?" She asked, her eyes still a little bit closed, the side of her face having a red mark from where her arm was placed.

"No one... yet. We have to find Angela and Rachel. Come on!" Kory said before walking away the two following groggily. Garfield had his bag in one hand and his jacket through one arm. Maeve grabbed her bag. "Wake me up. No one's even dying." She grumbled to herself as she was forced in front of Garfield, he wanted to make sure she didn't fall behind or get distracted. "I'm going! Don't push me." She stated as he continued to push the girl along.