𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 BUMP IN THE ROAD

VASTLY

a/n: malese jow as kaylee

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Terrified was a thing Maeve Weaver rarely felt and when she did feel it she could never react, her reaction was to either ignore it or shut down and since she couldn't ignore this problem, she chose to shut down. "How you going in there?" Her dorm mate, Kaylee asked from the other side of the door – sure they weren't that close, but today she needed someone. Rachel was in her last year of high school and since it was Friday, it was a school day and Garfield was in a 'lecture' since most of his college classes were in the morning, but he rarely went, he was studying animal science, since he could shapeshift into animals he thought it fit, while Maeve was studying geology, the study of rocks which was quite ironic since she could control them.

"I can't do this!" Maeve yelled though the door, her voice shaky and horsey. "You'll be fine, I promise." The girl mumbled, leaning her head against the door, feeling a tap on her shoulder, she glares at the line of girls who wanted to use the bathroom. "I will kill you all." She threatened the girls, right now Maeve is all that mattered at the moment.

Maeve held her future in one hand and in the other was her phone, her finger hovering over Garfield's contact name on her phone which was Kitty, before she could press on the number, he rang her, his contact picture being him shirtless wearing swimming shorts with her thrown over his shoulder, Dick was the one who took the photo since it was taken at his house a few months ago, she smiled, a small tear going down her cheek, she wipes her tears away and answering the facetime call, his smiling face coming into the picture. "Hey, I was wondering...... Are you in the bathroom?" He asked causing her to chuckle. "Yeah, I, um... wasn't feeling so well, Kaylee is guarding the door doing the scary roommate job." She mumbled, Kaylee was a scary roommate, but over time they had become friends and even hung out with each other during the holidays, outside of collage.

"Do you want me to come by?" He asked, concern rested on his facial expression. "No, it's fine. I'm sure it will pass, it's probably just a stomach bug." She replied. He nodded his head slowly. "Hi Maeve!" Tony, Garfield's dorm mate said poking his head into the frame, she smiled. "Hi Tony." She replied, Garfield frowned his eyebrows pushing his roommate away, the two got on so well, Tony and Garfield were like brothers, although they did have similar features the one feature that gave them away is that one was half Japanese and the other was a small Mexican. His head soon disappeared soon after appearing.