𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 CADMUS

VASTLY

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"Witnesses say the young man was immune to police gunfire. San Francisco PD has issued a $50,000 reward for information leading to his arrest." Maeve watched as Garfield slammed the laptop shut, he grabbed his phone bringing it to his ear, calling Dick Grayson, again. "Dick, it's me again. I-I know I screwed things up really bad, man, but.... and I can't get why, maybe you don't want to talk to me, but please call me back." He hung up the phone and before Maeve could say some encouraging words Julie said, "Security alert. Zone Two. Downstairs entry." Maeve frowned her eyebrows, going around the island to stand next to Garfield, who now had his laptop open, they watched the picture. "Hello? Who's there?" Then a white dog jumped into the frame, disappearing again, before repeating the action. "Krypto." Maeve said with a smile, watching the dog lick the camera.

⛧彡

Maeve decided to stay and make some food for when Garfield came back with Conner and Krypto, Tara had just gone to the supermarket to pick up some ingredients that weren't in the house, Maeve heard the elevator ding indicating they were back. "I hope you're hungry." Maeve called out from the kitchen. "I'm making mushroom stroganoff." Maeve added. "Tara's gone to pick up some stuff for me, she should be back soon." "It smells amazing." Garfield said as he walked up behind her and kissed her cheek to which she smiled.

"Hey... you know, they're gonna keep coming after me, right?" "Who?" Maeve asked. "Scary guys in black cars." Garfield replied to Maeve, before looking to Conner. "Let them try." "This is my mess, not yours." "This is what the Titans do. We have each other's backs." Garfield responded as he grabbed some drinks from the fridge. "So, where are they?" Conner asked, "The other Titans?" He added. "You know, maybe I should do what Dick wanted me to do in the first-place, call in the big guns." "You didn't call him!" Maeve exclaimed she began saying words in Russian as he pulled out his phone. "We're gonna use guns?" "It's just a metaphor honey." Maeve responded going back to the food she was making. "I'm calling Bruce Wayne."

"Zone six. Unauthorized access." This caused Maeve to turn the element off and walk away from it. "What's that?" Conner asked. "Isn't that the roof?" The blonde questioned. "Yeah." Garfield replied.

The windows shattered and people holding guns wearing an all-black uniform come into the condo via zipline, coming in through the now broken window. "Freeze now!" One screamed. "Everybody down on the floor! Stay where you are!" "Hands! Let me see your hands!" Krypto came running in barking at the masked people. The white dog super speeded to one of the men and flipped him on to his back before a net was shot at him with glowing green gemstones on it.