𝐒𝐈𝐗 INTRUDER ALERT

VASTLY

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

Since the two didn't have their video games with them the two were stuck with playing go fish with a pack of cards, Maeve found in the draw beside the bed. Garfield was on the floor, lying on his back with his cards being held above his face, Maeve sat on the edge of the bed sitting crossed legged, her cards held in her lap with her trail mixed sat beside her – she found them in her bag and began to pick out some of the snacks she liked leaving the ones she didn't for Garfield who liked anything food related.

"Got any sevens?" He asked. "Go fish." She mumbled, Garfield reached to his pile of cards, since they were sitting in different places, they separated the left-over cards for individual piles. "Got any..." She was cut off by the power being cut. Maeve looked up to the light that was no longer on, a neon glow still surrounded the glass. They begin to hear yelling and grunting. Maeve stands from her spot on the bed, placing her cards down. She reached her hand out ready to open the door. Garfield put his arm in front of her, pushing her behind him, she didn't fight him on the motion. She placed her hands on his arm hiding behind him, looking over his shoulder. He opened the door, looking down the hall revealing Kory getting pinned against the wall. Garfield ran to help Kory where Maeve just watched frozen.

"Get them out of here Gar!" Kory yelled. The green haired boy ran into the room, disappearing, reappearing with Rachel, who he was pulling along with him as he ran through the hall, grabbing Maeve when passing her, pulling the two girls through the motel until they reached the parking lot. "Where's Dick?" Rachel asked looking around the parking lot. "I don't know." Garfield replied as Kory emerged standing in front of the children. "Kory." Maeve pointed to the man that followed her. "Fuck. Stand back." She commanded. The others came and they made up four – each with a different weapon. Everyone gets in a defensive stance. "Stay behind me." Kory mumbled. "It's time to burn assholes." She said, stretching out her arms, she groans as her orange glow begins to flicker around her body, she looks up at the night sky. "Fucking night." She groaned.

Kory ran forward ready to attack the man, but he pulled off the door that belonged to a car and slammed it into her, throwing her against a car, knocking her out. The three teens get ready for a fight before a smoke bomb rolls in on the floor, smoke fulling the air, Maeve, Rachel and Garfield begin to cough, attempting to reject the smoke that continues to fill the air, when it begins to settle, revealing Robin from Gotham. "Dick?!" Rachel questioned. "That's Robin." Garfield whispered very excited, Maeve was looking at Dick Grayson wide eyed, her mouth agape.