𝐒𝐈𝐗 TRUTH

VASTLY

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Jason was saved and back at the tower, a little shaken up, but he was okay, the guy who had saved him was shot by some special bullet that was effecting him in a strange and inhuman way, the unknown guy was in the infirmary, everyone waiting for him to wake up and get better. Maeve could tell that something wasn't right with Jason, when he returned to the tower, he showered, changed his clothes and closed himself in his room, which to the older blonde was slightly worrying.

Reaching his door, she raised her closed fist and hit it against the wood. "Jason... it's Maeve." And the door was opened revealing the 19-year-old, a bruise under his eye and a cut on his lip. "Hi." She smiled softly. "What do you want?" He asked, she rolled her eyes and pushed past him. "You just fell out of a building, why don't you tell me what you want." "Privacy." He said as he closed his door, Maeve leaned against his desk, her hands planted beside her on either side of her hips. "To bad." She replied.

It was quiet for a moment. "How are you feeling?" She asked. "Fine." "No, your not." She answered. "How do you know what I'm feeling!" "Do you remember my episode I had the first month we were in this building? I was reliving my past, a past I didn't even know I had, because until that moment I didn't remember anything before I was 7 years old and as it turns out, I killed my parents and my entire hometown. I was experimented on and my powers were enhanced. I was abused, emotionally and physically for a year, I had to take meds because I couldn't sleep, I was having nightmares, I still sometimes have to take those meds and they suck because they mess with my powers, sure it isn't like getting dropped off a building and falling to my death, but I am the closest person you're going get whose probably got more issues then you." "That's fucked up." He said. "Ah huh." 

It was quiet and she didn't know if he was ever going to talk, he looked to be thinking, whether it was about what to say or even if he should say anything at all, and before he knew it Maeve had wrapped her arms around Jason. "You're okay. It's okay to not be okay, but don't bottle it up, it doesn't make it any better, try going to the training area and beating the shit out of some stuff, blasting music, screaming into a pillow and when ever you want to talk about it, I'll be there because believe it or not, I do care about you, Jason." She said when she pulled away from the hug, looking up at him, she smiled and waited for his response and she was not expecting him to lean in, his eyes closed and lips puckered, this caused her expression to change completely, she shove him back, hard.