𝐕

The Tell [ 1

The Tell [ 1.5 ]

"You have to concentrate."

"I am." Nova sighs as she continues to stare down at the candle in front of her. "I'm trying really hard." An exhausted sigh came from her.

"That's your problem." her mother, Alice, said placing a comforting hadn't on her shoulder. "You can't force it. Clear your mind. Focus solely on what is in front of you, let go of any of your worries." She encouraged but Nova could not take it.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Nova turned in her seat, facing up at her mom. "Need I remind you that there is a killing alpha werewolf going around."

"We heard you." The voice of her dad got louder as he came into the room they were in.

The brunette girl crossed her arms over one another, "Well then you know it's not exactly something that makes me feel at ease." She pouted.

"That's what the supernatural world will do to you." Alice smirked sweetly at her daughter making her pout drop and turn into a frown.

"Maybe we should try this another day." Alice changed the subject, removing the candle from in front of Nova. "We'll just spend the rest of the time focusing on something else." She made her way to a bookshelf.

"Like what?"

She placed a thick book in front of her daughter. "You're favorite thing in the world. Reading."

"I get to read and learn about magic." Nova's smile widened as she looked up at both of her parents. "This is the best day yet." She gushed as she clutched the book in her arms.

Both parents playfully rolled their eyes at her,"Come on you have to get ready or you'll be late for school." Her dad told her as he checked the time on his watch. "Stiles will be here in a few minutes."

"Forgot about that." Nova's head tilted to the side.

Her dad chuckled before he began to guide the girl up to the living room, "Let's go."

As they made it upstairs Nova quickly got her things and waited but the door for Stiles. Her nose was already in the book that she had just gotten. "You just got the book, you can take your time reading it you know?" Her father called out for her.

"I know." Nova responded not looking up from her book.

Nova's mother let out a chuckle at her husband's effort. "She's not going to listen is she?" He turned to his wife to which she shook her head no.

A smirk made its way to his face, "Hey little bookworm." He called out for his daughter knowing she hated it when he called her that, but it worked. She at least looked up, "Make sure you look up at least, ok?"

Nova nodded as Stiles' jeep pulled up to her driveway, "Love you guys. Bye." she waved to her parents.

"Love you too." They called out for her as they watched get inside the vehicle. "We shouldn't be concerned for her right?"