𝐕𝐈

Heart Monitor [ 1

Heart Monitor [ 1.6 ]

"How's your dad?"

Stiles turned to the girl next to him, "You ask every five minutes." He snapped slightly before fixing his composure. "I promise you, he's ok."

Immediately the boy felt guilty noticing her frown, "I- didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just angry. I love you Noves, thank you for being so concerned." He said, causing the girl to smile up at him.

The two walked side by side until they reached their classroom, "So...you haven't talked to Scott?" She was met with nothing. "You're not going to?" She questioned once again earning a silent response from him. "You're not very good at staying angry." She pointed out knowing that Stiles was pretty bad at keeping quiet.

"I totally am." An offended look crossed his face.

"We both know you won't stay quiet very long." She said as she took a seat to the left of him.

"Will to." Stiles argued back which prompted them to go back and forth for another minute or so.

"We'll see." Nova shrugged as she watched SCott enter the classroom and take a seat behind Stiles.

Scott sat in his seat awkwardly before leaning close to Stiles, "Still not talking to me?" He whispered.

Seeing as Stiles wasn't going to respond, Nova did so for him, "Nope he's not."

"Okay, can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothin' that big--"

"He's fine." Nova answered again from him.

Scott sighed seeing as he was getting nowhere. "You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

"Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and... that I went to Derek
for help?" Scott leaned back in his seat hoping to get a reaction from him or even both of them.

Stiles shared a look with Nova as he rolled his eyes. "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him." He said sternly before going back to pretending not to care. "But, obviously, I'm not talking to you..."

"Stiles thinks that you're an idiot-" Nova went on to repeat before she was abruptly cut off.

"I get it, Nova." Scott said, causing the girl to pout.

As the bell rang and class was started Nova could see Stiles struggle with holding it in. She knew he was about to give in.

" ...What did he say?" Stiles sighed giving in, turning back to look at his friend.