𝐋𝐕𝐈

Orphaned [ 4

Orphaned [ 4.6 ]

Brett spasmed on the exam table of the animal clinic, his chest heaving up and down with quick repetitions trying to fight off the poison that he was pricked with. Derek and Stiles tried with all their strength to hold him down against the table as they waited for Deaton to help the kid. Nova stood in the corner, only being able to observe and not wanting to get in the way.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles questioned.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision, and you need to hold him as still as possible." Deaton answered.

With much struggle, Stiles eyed Derek with desperation, "Hey Derek? How about a little Werewolf strength?"

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with Werewolf strength..." Derek remarked back he knew that the reality of it was he was losing his power.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him." Deaton said to the two.

Bretts body only furthered to convulse, causing him to further slip from their grasps, "Derek, he's slipping! I don't think I can hold him!" Eventually their hold wasn't enough, and Brett broke free his strength pushing them off of him in all directions of the room.

His show of strength only lasted a few seconds when from out of nowhere, the oldest Hale came in with a hard punch to the boy's face, "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself." He looked down at his fist, as the rest shared shocked expressions.

Derek gave a wary look, "Yeah...maybe more than a little..."

"Hey, Doc? I don't think he's breathing." Stiles called to Deaton. The vet quickly hurried towards the young boy, he took the blade before dragging it down the middle of Bretts chest allowing him to release any sign of poison that entered his system.

"Is he okay?" Nova asked.

Deaton nodded, "I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a little while."

Stiles was still on the ground when he heard something muttering from Brett, "Guys, can you hear that? I think he's saying something..."

"The sun...the moon...the truth...the sun...the moon...the truth..."

Deaton leaned closer, ""Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." It's Buddhist."

The two Hales shared a look at the familiar sang, "...Satomi."

Satomi, the oldest werewolf that they knew of to date. Knowing they couldn't ask Brett about his pack now, that was still unconscious, they knew they'd have to wait until at least morning. Derek had planned to go out and look for them when he got an answer. Deaton agreed to stay with Brett and make sure he's alright until he does wake, the rest deciding to call it a night.