𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

Muted [ 4

Muted [ 4.3 ]

Nova walked into school for the first time with a genuine smile. Her terrors hadn't gone away completely but for the first time in a really long time she feels some kind of peace. A sense of relaxation.

"Hey guys." She waved to Stiles and Scott as she met with them.

"Hey Noves." Stiles smiled at the girl, "Are you going to watch us practice?"

She shrugged, "Why not? Though I'm surprised you guys even showed up and are still on the team."

"Why do you say that?" Scott snapped his head in her direction.

"We're barely in school long enough to finish classes, so you certainly don't stay for practice."

"She's right. We're terrible students." A panicked look fell over Scott, his lips forming a pout, "I might not even be captain anymore."

Stiles sent the girl a glare, unserious of course, before turning to Scott, "Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up, just like Coach told you to, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team-- he just told me to show up at try-outs today."

"We got bigger things to deal with, anyway." Stiles dismissed, "Did you tell Argent yet?"

The teen werewolf stuttered out his answer, "Uh, I texted him, but he didn't get back to me..."

The two had incredulous looks on their faces, "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

"I didn't have the money to call France." Scott sheepishly responded.

A sad look fell over Stiles' face, "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

Nova frowned, "Another notice?"

He nodded, "Yeah. This one said "final." He released a tired sigh, "Now, what the hell are we doing here, anyway? We got like, one hundred and seventeen million problems, and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

Scott went to agree but as his eyes caught the sight on the field he was left unsure, "...It is now." They all turned to look out towards the lacrosse field. Three players, two shooting their best shots at the goalie who seemingly caught each ball thrown almost effortlessly.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles questioned.

The goalie removed his helmet, and cheered with his friends, "Nice, Liam! You might just be our first-ever freshman captain."

At the sound of his praise, Stiles and Scott worried, "Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit..."

Nova tilted her head as she took a better look at him, "He's kind of adorable." She thought out loud, earning looks from both, "What?"