𝐗𝐗𝐗

Unleashed [ 3

Unleashed [ 3.4 ]

School hallways were primarily empty with no students early in the morning, they were quiet with the occasional footsteps of other teachers or doors being pulled open and shut. With the events of the nights prior Jennifer Blake found that any kind sound or even wary location caused her to become paranoid.

As she walked down the halls trying to reach her classroom she couldn't help but feel the panic arise in her making her increase her pace towards her room. Once reaching the door, she closed it shut, leaning her head against the door as a sigh of relief escaped her lips. But when she turned around she let out a scream finally noticing the male figure.

Derek Hale stood there, hands behind his back, eyebrows raised towards the teacher. Jennifer reacted quickly grabbing a yard stick behind her using it for some sort of protection.

"What do you want?" She asked the man anxiously, "You gonna threaten me? Tell me that no one's gonna believe me? Try to scare me? ...Kill me?" Her voice trembled as she spoke.

The werewolf looked at her with a weird face, "I was gonna see if you were okay..." He answered skeptically as she held the yard stick towards him.

"Physically or emotionally?" She questioned, "Although, I guess that presupposes I was emotionally okay before any of this, and, according to my therapist, I– It's been debatable for a long time."

Derek nodded with amusement," I think you're gonna be okay." He said, taking the yard stick from her grasp.

"Obviously, you've never taught high school. In twenty minutes, I have to start two dozen teenagers on The Crucible, and I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna say." She rambled on.

"Well, why don't you start by telling them that it's an allegory for McCarthyism?" He suggested.

She backed up a bit, "Is that a subtle way of suggesting that I shouldn't say anything? Because I won't." Derek chuckled as he went to reach the door but was stopped by her voice,  "Is there another reason you're here to check on me?" She had a smile on her lips.

"My girlfriend and her mom were the two people that were at the school that night with you. They wanted me to make sure you were alright."

The smile on her face faltered the slightest bit, "Girlfriend. You mean Nova Montgomery?" Derek nodded, "Oh. And how is she doing?"

"She's doing just fine." Responded.

The space was quiet as she reached for the door knob pulling the door open, " ...Who are you?"

"I'm Derek."

"I'm Jennifer." She smiled before watching him leave out the door. A scowl made its way to her face, once he was finally gone. She needed his trust and with Nova in the picture, it would be difficult to get that, so her work just got hard.