𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

Silverfinger [ 3

Silverfinger [ 3.17 ]

Nova had just gotten out of her class when her phone began to ring once more that morning. She let out a sigh as she brought the phone up to her ear, "This is the fifth time this morning since you've dropped me off."

"I'm just making sure you're fine." The voice of Derek came in with a sincere tone.

She smiled at the thought, "I almost got kicked out of class because you kept calling." She told him,  "You're lucky it was Coach' class and he actually likes me." She had begun to make the journey to her locker.

"I know it's annoying, I'm just not wanting to take any chances." He said. Ever since the Oni attack the day of the party everyone had become more alert and paranoid as they had lots of questions and concerns.

Nova knew that Derek's actions came from love, "I'm at school Derek. What bad could possibly happen?" She questioned.

"I think we both know a lot could happen." He said in a knowing tone.

There was a whole list of things they could both make about the school, "Yeah..." Nova trailed off momentarily, "I realized as soon as it left my mouth." 

She shrugged as she got her locker open, "Well I only have a class left so you don't need to worry. I'll see you after like we said. No more calling."

"Fine." Derek huffed out in defeat.

Nova bid her goodbyes but not before saying, "I love you."

"Love you too."

When the line went dead Nova pocketed her phone and finished putting away her things before closing her locker shut. She was about to walk towards her next class when her phone panged twice letting her know she had a notification.

When she pulled out the device she couldn't help the smile that made its way to her lips when she read what was on the screen. 'You didn't say I couldn't text you.' Derek texted. Nova was about to respond when the sight of her friend caught her attention.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw that Stiles had been walking rather slowly down the halls and was not looking like his usual spirited self. She put her phone once more in her pocket before following after him."Hey." She tugged on his sleeve making him come to a stop,  "Are you alright?" her eyes filled with concern.

He blinked a few times, "Y-yeah."

She didn't believe him, "Are you sure? No offense but, you look terrible."

"Gee– thanks." He still tried to display a sarcastic smile, but it quickly faded, "I actually need to get to the hospital. Do you think you can take me?"

She nodded with certainty, "Of course."

With a hand on his back, Nova guided him out towards the halls and to the student parking lot. They got into her car and she drove them to the hospital.