It's on

The only way

is up.

The cool weather brushed my face, electronic music seducing my ears. Fall is and will always be my favorite season. Somehow someone has managed to plan a street race that included the students. Of course his royal highness Nate has to be there with his girlfriend at his side. He wasn't so shabby when he drove but he was no match for the pronounced grandmaster Katherine.

I crack my knuckles as I inhale hard. I notice Sebastian laughing with a girl. To be honest they looked like a couple.

Her featured face glistened magically as she stood under the stadium lights. Even from a distance I could see her flushed cheeks, no doubt caused by Sebastian who was sitting on the hood of his car. Or maybe she knows how to contour.

We both have the same cars as we had the last time we raced when I won the jackpot, and history sure does have a funny way of repeating itself. Both of us changed the paint jobs. Touche 

I walk to my car swallowing the lump of jealousy down my throat.

"That... That... Perfect face, perfect body perfect outfit girl urrgghhh! I hate her... I hate him so much" I state clenching my teeth knowing nobody's watching

"Why so bitter?" A deep chuckle makes me return to my senses. Sebastian stands there amused with a smirk on his face. How did he get here? The last time I checked he was with that girl.

"wHy so BitTer"I sarcastically make fun of his voice changing the tone of my voice.

"Do you ever mind your own business?" I ask pretending to look at the tires with great intent.

He laughs while shaking his head "you're wild"
I ignore his comment waiting for him to leave me alone. He finally gets a hint and walks away.

"Darn straight I am" I mumble to myself. His face seems to hit a kind of nerve. Especially seeing the smirk he had on being the same as when he was with the pretty girl. 

I mean I'm not jealous. I clearly can't be jealous. Who is Sebastian anyway? He's just a sexy creep with amazing eyes with no manners and over the top face and body that makes my...

Jeez Kate get a grip.

The stadium lights start flashing indicating almost the beginning of the race. I enter my car driving to the starting line waiting for the girl to signal the start. Why do I get so out of character with that guy? 

She raises her hand gracefully and seductively as the nine of us wait for her call. I was way at the back with a red Ferrari at my side. Unlike any normal race there were stops to be reached. 

Revving the engine, I step on the gas when she pulls down the flag in one swift motion. Changing gears I switch to my nitro which pushes me to number 7. My heart's in my throat, steadily pumping as adrenaline fills me up. This feels like a breeze.

I feel alive again... As if I had a purpose in my life. The feeling was like a sensation of wearing your favorite sweater or discovering a new awesome song. My mind was blank only filled with one thing.

Winning this darn race.

My head is a whirlwind as I speed up overtaking anyone on my way. I feel a lump in my throat when I see Sebastian's car. He's such a fuckboy to lead me on like that. But it's my fault anyway. I was the one thinking he only flirted with me and nobody else.

I press on the gas increasing my speed. I don't care I was driving too fast as I overtook Sebastian. He does the same and now we're in line.

Large headlights were speedily moving towards me and it was obvious a truck was coming my way. I didn't falter as I increased my speed, watching as Sebastian do the same. My nitro was still blank and I just had to wait and see. I was going to crash if I didn't overtake fast.

My heart beat rapidly on my chest as it dawned upon me I was going to hit a truck. The bridge had nowhere I could turn, Sebastian wasn't reducing his speed and I honestly didn't know what to do.

It was too late to back out now and my only choice was to hit the sides of the bridge. My speed will be enough to make me overturn, hoping I'll turn my car at a certain angle. My only fear I was the crash that will follow after, I don't know if this car can withstand an impact like that on the lake's water.

The truck hoots, flashing lights signaling me to retreat but I do the opposite. Increasing my speed I think of taking my plan B but Sebastian hits the brakes, making me overtake him.

Just great! He now knows I'll have to owe him for kind of saving my life, and that winning this race was only because of him. If there's something I completely dislike, it's having to owe someone something. Especially with something like my life.

I pass the finishing line as Sebastian follows. Looking at the rear view mirror im overwhelmed with emotions. The car halts and I get out heading to nobody but Sebastian.

"THE WINNER!!!" Three girls holding a huge trophy run to me with two guys holding champagne bottles and another with a suitcase. I was not in the mood for celebration and I brush them off.

"piss off"

They look bewildered as I storm out of their presence and walked to his car. He's talking to the same girl he was earlier, jealousy takes over me

"How dare you!" I snap at him when I reach. The girl stops talking and clears her throat rudely.

"Bitch if you make another sound"

She looks taken aback and so does Sebastian.

"Look watch your mouth" Sebastian replies and my heart felt like it had been mercilessly smashed by Thor's hammer.

"Why the fuck did you reduce your speed?"

He stands up from his bonnet towering over me making me look up.

"I saved your life"

"I didn't ask you to"

"Just leave" he replies clenching his jaw and the girl laughs.

"Can't you take the hint? Uh bye" She says waving her hand at me.

I flipped.

Bashing her nose, I trip her to the floor kicking her jaw with all the strength I had. I warned her to keep her mouth shut and as I lifted my leg to strike, my body was suddenly in mid air.

I arch my body, moving myself upwards placing my legs on his neck. 
"tell me why you reduced your speed" I said tightening my hold.

"I didn't want you to die" he says in an exasperated tone. People rush over the girl helping her up a stretcher. Her face looks fucked up and you could barely see her out of the blood that was oozing. What is going on with me?

I jump off Sebastian and land steadily on the ground. My anger reduced but it was still there. 

His face was blank as he clenched his jaw looking at me with nothing but anger. I smirk. I honestly don't care about him and anything he does. In fact, hating me can still make me go to the spa immediately after this. I can care less about a fuckboy. How can he treat me like one of his play toys?

He grabs my hand hard, moving me away from the crowd and into the woods. I try to come out of his grip but he is way too strong.

When we stop he holds my wrist even tighter.  "ow you prick. You're..."

I'm cut off when he holds my neck in a choke. He tilts his head looking at me and I'm completely silenced.

"You need to watch your mouth"

"Well you're not..."

"Stop acting jealous. You said you don't want me remember?" 

His grip is soft but I can't help but panic. Was he going to choke me then rape me or vice versa?

It's like he read my mind cause he laughs shaking his head "I won't do that Katerina, but I won't mind seeing your glowing emerald eyes when you beg me to be inside you"

The way he spoke... Gosh the way he spoke makes me wet and my mouth dry. I don't know why I reacted like that but deep inside fear crippled my mind.

He removes his hand and looked at his watch, a smirk on his face. I swear on my name, this man will not get away with playing with me like this.