Chapter 22

Sebastian's POV*

Mother tries to fix her, mumbling some gibberish language together with Katherine's mom.
I never knew she was a witch in the low key like my mother.

"It was Ahhal" my brother, Kyle comes into the cave accompanied by the rest of the pack.
Ahhal

"That bitch used her voodoo on us. Leaving us almost dead" Kyle states and I notice their wounds have not yet healed.
Riley, my best friend tells us how Ahhal's people disappeared mysteriously minutes after Katherine and I took off.

"Jeez man she's the girl you've been loyal to" Riley changes the story observing the lifeless Kate
"Don't worry man Mother will work on her" Kyle continues

"I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help her. We've tried everything but she's not responding" my mother replies after minutes of silent.
"What do you mean?" I ask hoping she'll change her response.

"I'm sorry Sebastian. But you'll have to wait two more decades to see her again. And so will we with you.

Recap
Katherine's mother returned to Vuldatroz,The Unknown Kingdom as her husband, the King sent his warriors to take her back.
I was about 24 when this happened. Katherine and I were together in secrecy, as a relationship with a person from a different kingdom was not allowed.
Especially since she came from Vuldatroz.
Ahhal found out and told Kate's father which in turn made him furious.
Katherine and her family went back to their kingdom but she returned months later with fear.
My mom found out about it , furious but not as Katherine's father.
He was the king of the unknown kingdom, making him the most fearful and dangerous warlock.
We were about to escape before Katherine's father caught us leaving the gates of our kingdom,Xergoria.
He was infuriated and planted a curse on us.

After 24 years, I'll meet Katherine when she's 21 and we won't recognize each other. She won't remember me at all but flashbacks will follow me till I recall. Not a year will pass for us to be together when one of us will die.
When it happens, the other person immediately dies and the cycle continues. We were bound to be together but we would never live a happy life together.

When she dies I die

*present time
Katherine starts convulsing and the earth starts shaking. Thunderstorms are heard and rain starts pounding heavily.
Mother looks terrified and so is Rebecca, Katherine's mother.
Katherine's body is in mid-air looking all possessed when she falls back to the bed

"what just happened?" I ask
Everyone is in shock looking at the once lifeless Kate.
Mother turns and replies "The gates of the underworld have been opened"